Lifestyle Refrigerated Rice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
Fresh white rice when I order in Chinese food is great, but put it in the fridge for a day and reheat it and it’s never the same, it’s either a clumpy mess or very loose grains.

How do I make it the same as it was when it was fresh? Fools errand? Or do I just need to invest in a rice cooker?

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Rice cookers are fairly cheap, and I have not found any way to rescue rice that was cooked, refrigerated and then reheated.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Agree- rice cookers are worth every penny, plus you can put meat/veggies in about half-way through the process to steam them and keep all the nutrition in it. Sort of like a quickie crock pot. Easy to clean too.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
For real though I found that a little bit of butter or olive oil and then reheating it in a pan is leagues better than trying to microwave it

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
For real though I found that a little bit of butter or olive oil and then reheating it in a pan is leagues better than trying to microwave it
Throwing some water in with it before microwaving it will help bring back the moisture then frying it up with some oil and vegetables makes it all good again.

Though purchasing a rice cooker is a far superior idea to microwaved rice.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Put it in an airtight container before popping into the fridge.

If you leave it in the box then the fridge will suck the moisture out of the rice (same for pasta).

Then add a little water and micro and it won't be fresh but it's much closer than before.

But converting to fried rice is better.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I make fried rice with any old rice....an egg and some chopped veggies and leftover meat.....booom

u got fried rize