Reigns turning heel after Mania?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
As I posted elsewhere too this is my ultimate wish:

You want the ultimate Heel stable for the next year?

Have Reigns turn, then have Cena come down, people assume it's a nother Super Cena push and have him side with Reigns and they form.

"Bleep the fans Inc." or something more catchy and shirt worthy, claiming the fanbase has betrayed them and they will now destroy their favourites week after week after week.

It lets you have Cena vs Taker next year if you still want it, and ALL the rest of the major matchups possible AND you can incorporate it into Vince winning OR losing at WM.

You have Vince endorse the stable as "If you people out there don't want my choices as faces anymore? Fine! Then my choices will destroy all of yours!" and unleash them on SHane's new control OR have them be the new Vince endorsed megaheels.

Reigns + Cena + Vince, is the ultimate obstacle for any face to overcome for pop. Putting Ambrose or Rollins over that stable is instant face pop imo and all the top quality matches people can handle.

Leave Lesnar as the wild card in the middle for his peak work season into Summer Slam.

That kind of change I could get behind immediately.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Have Reigns turn, then have Cena come down, people assume it's a nother Super Cena push and have him side with Reigns and they form.

"Bleep the fans Inc." or something more catchy and shirt worthy, claiming the fanbase has betrayed them and they will now destroy their favourites week after week after week.

It lets you have Cena vs Taker next year if you still want it, and ALL the rest of the major matchups possible AND you can incorporate it into Vince winning OR losing at WM.

You have Vince endorse the stable as "If you people out there don't want my choices as faces anymore? Fine! Then my choices will destroy all of yours!" and unleash them on SHane's new control OR have them be the new Vince endorsed megaheels.

Reigns + Cena + Vince, is the ultimate obstacle for any face to overcome for pop. Putting Ambrose or Rollins over that stable is instant face pop imo and all the top quality matches people can handle.

Leave Lesnar as the wild card in the middle for his peak work season into Summer Slam.

This. I like this.

During my research I also found some claims that some of Roman's boos are actually being piped in, which lend credibility to the possibility of a heel turn.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This. I like this.

During my research I also found some claims that some of Roman's boos are actually being piped in, which lend credibility to the possibility of a heel turn.
I would hope yeah, my fear is that Cena's return is to face Reigns as a heel, while good matches, will just be replacing one face they reject with another because he has a history.

They need to flip Reigns AND Cena, in order to not be tempted to keep pushing him when new faces have hiccups. I would be all in favour of Cena breaking Flair's record AS A HEEL through this in the next year somehow, but he absolutely cannot stay face is Reigns turns because people know Vince will hug him as a security blanket now that his new face has failed to work.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"F the Universe"

Vince standing behind Reigns and Cena on a Shirt.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I would hope yeah, my fear is that Cena's return is to face Reigns as a heel, while good matches, will just be replacing one face they reject with another because he has a history.

They need to flip Reigns AND Cena, in order to not be tempted to keep pushing him when new faces have hiccups. I would be all in favour of Cena breaking Flair's record AS A HEEL through this in the next year somehow, but he absolutely cannot stay face is Reigns turns because people know Vince will hug him as a security blanket now that his new face has failed to work.
Turning Cena and not Reigns would work too, imo. Roman is over-ish as a face. Cena though would be such a strong heel he'd drag any rival kicking and screaming into being over as a face.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Turning Cena and not Reigns would work too, imo. Roman is over-ish as a face. Cena though would be such a strong heel he'd drag any rival kicking and screaming into being over as a face.
Yes, that would be ok too, it sort of leaves Cena hanging after you put Reigns over if you don't build around his heel turn more, but even as Reigns is questionable over, them feuding is risky as the two together on either side is adding two splits and some growing indifference on both sides to the major feud.

I would prefer they flip both and turn Vince bitter about being called out of touch and failing to get a guy over and all three of them form a bitterness stable brutalizing everyone.

The two of them is something that would be believable enough to brutalize Lesnar as a team as well as a team.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The problem really, is they need to stop backing into scenarios where the crowd really knows too intently that one side of a feud is entirely likely not going over. (HHH as champ, Jericho just there to put a guy over etc)

They really need to mix this up to the point where you don't know who is going over in the next large feud, matching Reigns and Cena on the same side then Ambrose and Rollins, with Lesnar in the middle, you start at a point where you really have no idea who is going to be over by Summer Slam.

You could have any of the 5 go over in the scenario but 4 serious equally potentials with Cena a real underdog immediately but possible as heel.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The problem really, is they need to stop backing into scenarios where the crowd really knows too intently that one side of a feud is entirely likely not going over. (HHH as champ, Jericho just there to put a guy over etc)

They really need to mix this up to the point where you don't know who is going over in the next large feud, matching Reigns and Cena on the same side then Ambrose and Rollins, with Lesnar in the middle, you start at a point where you really have no idea who is going to be over by Summer Slam.

You could have any of the 5 go over in the scenario but 4 serious equally potentials with Cena a real underdog immediately but possible as heel.
You really speak to me with the Jericho thing. For some reason they think they need for someone to win in order to get them over. AJ doing a brief tag run with Jericho would've been good enough to give him some rub without making him look like a can.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You really speak to me with the Jericho thing. For some reason they think they need for someone to win in order to get them over. AJ doing a brief tag run with Jericho would've been good enough to give him some rub without making him look like a can.
Yeah pretty much. A guy just there to serve a springboard shouldn't be having 5-6 singles matches with the guy, having him win is forced when you know they just signed AJ and because people like him.

If it was just an NXT promotion wrestler, that's a different scenario because you are not entirely sure if that person is getting a push, but you know they brought AJ in to see what he can do and quick.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yeah pretty much. A guy just there to serve a springboard shouldn't be having 5-6 singles matches with the guy, having him win is forced when you know they just signed AJ and because people like him.

If it was just an NXT promotion wrestler, that's a different scenario because you are not entirely sure if that person is getting a push, but you know they brought AJ in to see what he can do and quick.
The worst part of AJ is that he and Jericho are enjoying working together, and creative has no fucking clue what to do with someone who's over that he's just stuck in feud purgatory.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The worst part of AJ is that he and Jericho are enjoying working together, and creative has no fucking clue what to do with someone who's over that he's just stuck in feud purgatory.
Another additional issue with the company as a whole unfortunately. The New Day are facing the same. They seem them getting pop as heels so natually "Make the Faces!" but it wasn't the time to, and NOT AGAINST THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS. They should have done this after Wrestlemania. They wasted their heel pop in this confusion and now it's just feeling weird.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Another additional issue with the company as a whole unfortunately. The New Day are facing the same. They seem them getting pop as heels so natually "Make the Faces!" but it wasn't the time to, and NOT AGAINST THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS. They should have done this after Wrestlemania. They wasted their heel pop in this confusion and now it's just feeling weird.
The match at Mania isn't even for the titles now.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The match at Mania isn't even for the titles now.
Basically what this whole turn was about, was the execs thinking they will sell more merch as faces and rushed it. They couldn't even write their flip into a storyline they just did it and pushed merch.

it's pathetic really how they have no interest in booking actual wrestling.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Basically what this whole turn was about, was the execs thinking they will sell more merch as faces and rushed it. They couldn't even write their flip into a storyline they just did it and pushed merch.

it's pathetic really how they have no interest in booking actual wrestling.
At least trips is letting us see Nakamura wrestle this weekend.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
You can kind of see the turn now because of how vicious Roman has been HHH the past few weeks. The heel champ is much more workable than any of the babyfaces they have right now. Will be interesting to see what happens when Rollins gets back in the mix if they turn Roman.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You can kind of see the turn now because of how vicious Roman has been HHH the past few weeks. The heel champ is much more workable than any of the babyfaces they have right now. Will be interesting to see what happens when Rollins gets back in the mix if they turn Roman.
To your point the smart play is to have the belt on a heel a good 80-90% of the time. Let your faces win at the big 4, then lose it at a lesser ppv or on a weekly show. It's much, much easier to hate a successful person. It's honestly why people are so sick of Cena.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

That's actually a really good idea.