Remember that Illinois cop who supposedly was killed by 3 unknown men...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
...resulting in a massive manhunt and a hero's funeral? Turns out that he actually offed himself to cover up extensive illegal activity:

Gliniewicz, 52, shot himself to death in a "carefully staged suicide" as the result of "extensive criminal acts." Gliniewicz for years ran the village’s Explorers program, which gave aspiring officers policing experience, and he had been stealing and laundering money for years, Filenko said. He stole thousands of dollars that he used for personal purposes, including mortgage payments, travel and adult websites, Filenko said....He forged signatures on requisitions for federal equipment, authorities said.

Before he killed himself, Gliniewicz knew the village was conducting an audit that might have turned up his thefts, Filenko said. After these acts, Gliniewicz staged his death to look like a murder, leaving a trail of his equipment around the scene to try to mislead investigators, Filenko said. He fired a shot into his protective vest and aimed a second, fatal bullet beneath his vest in his upper torso, Filenko said....The investigation indicates criminal acts by at least two other people....

Gliniewicz, a trim and heavily tattooed Army veteran known widely in Fox Lake, was memorialized with a hero’s funeral. He was laid to rest with full military honors at Antioch Community High School, and mourners waited in line for hours to pay their respects. Authorities said officers from more than 1,000 police forces attended, and helicopters swooped in formation over the cemetery....
Fox Lake cop stole from youth program, shot himself: officials - Lake County News-Sun

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Incredible story.

He was buried with full military honors as a hero... so do they dig him up and put him somewhere else now? Strange situation

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Incredible story.

He was buried with full military honors as a hero... so do they dig him up and put him somewhere else now? Strange situation
Full military honors shouldn't be stripped because he did some bad things out of the service. Shit happens sometimes.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Full military honors shouldn't be stripped because he did some bad things out of the service. Shit happens sometimes.
Should not, or aren't? I don't know the rules regarding Military burials.

Let's say his scam came out before they buried him... would they still give him the Military burial?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Should not, or aren't? I don't know the rules regarding Military burials.

Let's say his scam came out before they buried him... would they still give him the Military burial?
Unless there's a rule against, I can't see why he wouldn't. I mean, do you think if Kevin Vickers dies in a DUI accident that he still won't get a full jam service for going Jason Bourne against the Parliament Hill shooter?

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When all is said and done he fucked his family worst of all. The Insurance money his wife got will have to go back. Would she even receive his pension?

Fuck this guy

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
The investigation involved officers from many police departments, including the FBI, and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Investigators likely knew that it was a suicide since mid-September but kept insisting that it was a homicide subject to a county-wide manhunt. They also withheld evidence of suicide from the coroner after he told the media that his investigation wasn't limited to homicide.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The investigation involved officers from many police departments, including the FBI, and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Investigators likely knew that it was a suicide since mid-September but kept insisting that it was a homicide subject to a county-wide manhunt. They also withheld evidence of suicide from the coroner after he told the media that his investigation wasn't limited to homicide.
If this is true those involved need to be charged

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Why is anyone surprised by anything corrupt from Illinois at this point?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk