General Remember the 14yr old who pretended to be 12 for little league world series?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Not sure how you can blame the kid in this instance. I'm sure he was afraid of upsetting his parents if he had told the truth.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I love the LLWS. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a kid muff a routine grounder that allows the game winning run knowing that he will forever be emotionally scarred by that single moment in time.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I love the LLWS. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a kid muff a routine grounder that allows the game winning run knowing that he will forever be emotionally scarred by that single moment in time.
The team from Chitown had a good run this year.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
As someone with no kids this makes me laugh my ass off.

But I can see that if you had a kid competing against him, knowing how hard they worked to get there it would be a piss off.

But I'm still laughing

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
As someone with no kids this makes me laugh my ass off.

But I can see that if you had a kid competing against him, knowing how hard they worked to get there it would be a piss off.

But I'm still laughing
I think this is pretty common in the tourney I played in the sectionals and regionals versus kids that did not look 11-12 .

they also cheat by bringing in ringers from other leagues .

this is supposed to be the all star team from one league but they recruit kids from other leagues during the tournaments.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
He's a lying little cunt. He knows how old he is.
I concur at 14 you are also playing baseball with high school level kids so it is impossible to mix up a 14 year old player in the "junior league" ranks for a 12 year old little leaguer even if that 14 year old is small he will still be more technical and possibly stronger than 12 year olds.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
I think this is pretty common in the tourney I played in the sectionals and regionals versus kids that did not look 11-12 .

they also cheat by bringing in ringers from other leagues .

this is supposed to be the all star team from one league but they recruit kids from other leagues during the tournaments.
Coach 1: Hey who the fuck is that guy??

Coach 2: Oh he's been on the team all year but due to various other commitments and family obligations he hasn't been able to make any of our other games or practices

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Am I the only one shocked to find out that a team HAS to play every kid on the team every game? What a pussy rule. You want to play, get better.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
I concur at 14 you are also playing baseball with high school level kids so it is impossible to mix up a 14 year old player in the "junior league" ranks for a 12 year old little leaguer even if that 14 year old is small he will still be more technical and possibly stronger than 12 year olds.
This is correct. @ 12 I was still a soft couch potato. By 14 I was 150 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal, almost able to do the splits in all 3 directions and able to kick holes in the sky.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Ah, Danny Almonte. He was my hero during that series. Crazy situation, and 95% of the blame falls on the parents, coaches, and the little league that sent him to Williamsport. The kid deserves some of the blame, but not a whole lot of kids would pass up a chance to go dominate on TV.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
You can't blame the kid. He did what his parents told him to do.
As a parent, it makes me feel proud if I test my kid in a hypothetical scenario and I purposely give them bad advice to test him, and my oldest boy(11) always does/says the right thing, and makes me feel good. My youngest however, he'd try to get away with shit. I can't think of any specific examples but it has happened to where my oldest boy reiterated to me what was right and deep down I knew he was. Moral of this post-Kids can have a conscious to do what is right, even if their own parent tells them differently.