General Remembering radio station 105.5 KNAC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
"From the start,KNAC was like nothing the average radio listener had ever heard before.For headbangers,it was like an epiphany.For the time, they could switch on their radios and hear bands that they loved and music they identified with.Bands like Slayer, Metal Church, Suicidal Tendencies, and countless other heavy bands that mainstream rock radio would never touch."

Ray Clouse recalls the exact moment when 105.5 changed format from new wave to heavy metal. “I listened to the transition.It was a Sunday evening,I was flipping through the radio and “Rock & Rhythm KNAC” was playing “Oh Shit” by the Buzzcocks and then “Anarchy in the UK” and I'm like, this is a little more punk than they are usually. Then AC/DC's “It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock and Roll)” came on. I had to go do some other stuff, then I came back and they were playing Rush. I was like, what happened here?”

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
"James Aten was floored by the arrival of KNAC.“I was at the La Mirada Swap Meet one day with my cousin.We were looking for some new tapes,and we heard W.A.S.P. playing on the radio station.We went,what the fuck?!"

The collective jaw-dropping moment had happened. Pure Rock was on the air, and for the next 9 years, headbangers all throughout the Southland had found a place to call their own.