Report: ‘Rumble’ takes plea deal in domestic battery case

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +111,061
    [​IMG]

According to TMZ Anthony ‘Rumble’ Johnson has reached a plea deal with prosecutors in Palm Beach County regarding a misdemeanour domestic battery charge. The charge stems from when Johnson was arrested on May 6th after his girlfriend told police that he picked her up against her will.

A probable cause affidavit stated that Johnson admitted to an arresting officer that he did pick up his girlfriend and moved her to another room of her apartment during an argument. That affidavit recorded the girlfriend as saying she was scared of Johnson during the ordeal, due to his size and “martial…

Report: Anthony Johnson agrees to plea deal in domestic battery case

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jesus X

Jesus X my tools

Ratings:
    +22,347
    one could say ...he... beat... the...charge
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby I apparently look like a Jewish accountant

Ratings:
    +48,637
    He told me it wasn’t him

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Jesus X

Jesus X my tools

Ratings:
    +22,347
    post coitus?

5. Hwoarang

Hwoarang Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,472
    Wow, I loved him as a fighter but he seems like a total piece of shit;

From article "This is not Johnson’s first time being on the wrong side of the law. He is currently facing a charge of dating violence (in an unrelated case) and is also the subject of a restraining order in Broward County, FL.

In 2014, Johnson was subject of another restraining order from a woman who accused him of striking her. In 2009 Johnson was charged with domestic violence, battery, death threats, and destroying a phone to prevent the reporting of a crime. He pleaded no contest to those charges and was sentenced to three years probation, community service and ordered to attend domestic violence counseling."

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Shang Tsong2

Shang Tsong2 ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD
    First 100

Ratings:
    +23,300
    What is it about these women that makes them want to anger this gentle giant so badly that he has to attack them?

Poor guy can't catch a break

7. jason73

jason73 TMMAC 2020
    First 100

Ratings:
    +84,764
    the ufc is a fucking joke . if you make enough money for the company you can beat women,rape chicks ,if you are conor mcgregor famous you could probably murder someone and still headline a ppv while out on bail. how many times are they going to look the other way for rumble?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shang Tsong2

Shang Tsong2 ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD
    First 100

Ratings:
    +23,300
    I say 6 more times

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,532
    As often as they can if he makes them money. A pimp keeps it's prize earners on the street.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chromium

Chromium Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154
    I think Anthony Johnson is a textbook example of most hardcore fans completely turning a blind eye to all the domestic violence accusations, simply because they want to like the guy. He's great in the ring, huge KO power, almost always exciting to watch, even in a loss. Furthemore, he has a great comeback story. After humiliating himself out of the UFC with numerous weight misses, he goes up in weight and thrives, and proves everyone wrong, and not only earns his way back to the UFC, but makes it to a world title fight. Plus he's humble in interviews and to his opponents. So he comes off really likable, and because he's never actually gone to prison for his assault charges and fans don't want it to be true, they just pretend it's not real.

Unfortunately, this case isn't a one-time thing though. He's had at least three different girlfriends accuse him of this shit. In the end he's kind of a shitty human being who should be count his blessings he's not in jail, and I'd hope the UFC wouldn't re-hire him for the comeback he says he wants to make. They probably will though, because the UFC will book just about anything if they think it can make them money in the short term these days.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The EZ Life

The EZ Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,391
    I thought maybe it was roids that made him rage since he stopped fighting, but apparently he has had issues for like the last decade... guess he’s a POS

12. Haulport

Haulport Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
    First 100

Ratings:
    +3,805
    Why is there so much surprise on this thread? He has been beating women (as far as we know about it) for YEARS.....

And are you guys really shocked that a complete low-life piece of dog shit like Dana White wouldn't care about fighters raping and beating women?

I am about as surprised by any of this as I am surprised when a fighter gets popped for roids.........

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Active Member

Ratings:
    +726
    he might be an asshole irl

but picking up a raging woman and moving her to another room is so mild it shouldnt even be considered assault

14. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +111,061
    Lol

Draft saved Draft deleted