Report: Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington close to finalized for UFC 245

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Sep 26, 2019.

1. HEATH VON DOOM

HEATH VON DOOM Remember the 5th of November

Ratings:
    +23,137
    Usman lost to Jose Caceras. So they both have a bad loss and I'm going out on a limb to say Usmans was worse.

And you are using the same arguements everyone uses when Khabib fights. Wasnt Conor suppose to KO Khabib because Khabib has been hit a few times?

2. CreativeClassMauler

CreativeClassMauler Dressed for Success

Ratings:
    +7,812
    The Warley Alves fight means little. Getting caught in a quick guillotine doesn't say a whole lot about anything, particularly considering how long ago it was.

I also don't remember Kim coming close to winning a round - I'm pretty sure Colby dominated him.

The RDA fight is telling though. Colby went to war with him, while Usman beat the shit out of him.

3. Judobill

Judobill First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +6,593
    • Like Like x 2
  4. wiz

wiz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,773
    Nice reach. Usman's loss was his second pro mma fight ever lol. I highly doubt he was anywhere close to resembling the fighter he is today.

Colby lost in his 9th pro fight. And Colby got hit with big shots from RDA as well as being taken down himself, while usman dominated RDA all 25 minutes period.

5. wiz

wiz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,773
    It does say something, that Colby was susceptible to being finished with a guillotine. lol

Colby spent a good amount of the fight in kim's crotch with kim on top of him. It was a pretty uneventful fight outside of colby hitting kim with one shot

And yes I agree with you on the last point

6. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,424
    paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper...

styles make fights, and I don't see RDA as simply a lesser Usman.

Draft saved Draft deleted