Report: Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington close to finalized for UFC 245

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Thats true ,colby overall was very dominant but showed some vulnerability here and there, he has been finished in the ufc by warley alves, hit by some good shots by RDA and lost a round and struggled with DHK in the wrestling. Wasn't Robbie suppose to expose Colbys striking?

Usman dominated everybody, period. Also he's a more dangerous striker than colby is
Usman lost to Jose Caceras. So they both have a bad loss and I'm going out on a limb to say Usmans was worse.

And you are using the same arguements everyone uses when Khabib fights. Wasnt Conor suppose to KO Khabib because Khabib has been hit a few times?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Thats true ,colby overall was very dominant but showed some vulnerability here and there, he has been finished in the ufc by warley alves, hit by some good shots by RDA and lost a round and struggled with DHK in the wrestling.

Usman dominated everybody, period. Also he's a more dangerous striker than colby is
The Warley Alves fight means little. Getting caught in a quick guillotine doesn't say a whole lot about anything, particularly considering how long ago it was.

I also don't remember Kim coming close to winning a round - I'm pretty sure Colby dominated him.

The RDA fight is telling though. Colby went to war with him, while Usman beat the shit out of him.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Usman lost to Jose Caceras. So they both have a bad loss and I'm going out on a limb to say Usmans was worse.

And you are using the same arguements everyone uses when Khabib fights. Wasnt Conor suppose to KO Khabib because Khabib has been hit a few times?
Nice reach. Usman's loss was his second pro mma fight ever lol. I highly doubt he was anywhere close to resembling the fighter he is today.

Colby lost in his 9th pro fight. And Colby got hit with big shots from RDA as well as being taken down himself, while usman dominated RDA all 25 minutes period.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
The Warley Alves fight means little. Getting caught in a quick guillotine doesn't say a whole lot about anything, particularly considering how long ago it was.

I also don't remember Kim coming close to winning a round - I'm pretty sure Colby dominated him.

The RDA fight is telling though. Colby went to war with him, while Usman beat the shit out of him.
It does say something, that Colby was susceptible to being finished with a guillotine. lol

Colby spent a good amount of the fight in kim's crotch with kim on top of him. It was a pretty uneventful fight outside of colby hitting kim with one shot

And yes I agree with you on the last point

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
And Colby got hit with big shots from RDA as well as being taken down himself, while usman dominated RDA all 25 minutes period.
paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper...

styles make fights, and I don't see RDA as simply a lesser Usman.