Report: McGregor’s entourage accused of forcing woman into SUV

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I still maintain his striking is something special and was years ahead. But that Aldo fight (his big impress at the top) is almost 4 years old now.
Nate was bigger than Conor and weight classes exist for a reason. Conor hits hard for his size... but not for someone comfortable a couple weight classes up. Conor landed over and over and just couldn't starch the fighter used to bigger shots.

Whatever skill gain there was going to be at this point would have happened. 4 years at the top and we haven't seen the ground or even ground defense come with it, let alone the interest in staying active. So much damn potential. At the top for that fleeting moment.
As for Khabib, he smashes everyone, so it's not like Khabib exposed a lack of ground game on his own. But we have never seen anything new. All the great strikers that managed to get a nod at best of all time had to show some ground defense during their run.

Like you said, managed better and it feels like some very small additions and a straight head could have kept the machine going.
and I don’t blame this on his coaching as I listened to a few interviews with kavanagh and after his loss to n8, kavanagh didn’t get to talk to him and then Conor, apparently, would show up after normal practices and kavanagh said “I saw him coming in the gym and thought “oh, ok, that’s it then” or something like that......he may have gotten a rather large ego, but eventually came back, but the signs were there back then imo

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I still maintain his striking is something special and was years ahead. But that Aldo fight (his big impress at the top) is almost 4 years old now.
Nate was bigger than Conor and weight classes exist for a reason. Conor hits hard for his size... but not for someone comfortable a couple weight classes up. Conor landed over and over and just couldn't starch the fighter used to bigger shots.

Whatever skill gain there was going to be at this point would have happened. 4 years at the top and we haven't seen the ground or even ground defense come with it, let alone the interest in staying active. So much damn potential. At the top for that fleeting moment.
As for Khabib, he smashes everyone, so it's not like Khabib exposed a lack of ground game on his own. But we have never seen anything new. All the great strikers that managed to get a nod at best of all time had to show some ground defense during their run.

Like you said, managed better and it feels like some very small additions and a straight head could have kept the machine going.
I honestly don't think anything could have kept him from going off the rails. I think he had as much to do with his success as John Kav did and I think the things that make him special are also the things that would prevent him from ever being able to be managed by someone effectively enough to avoid all the grime and mania.

Regardless though, I think it's pretty much all she wrote at this point. You can't go back in time and gain what is lost and at this juncture in his life, reinvention (as far as athletic style), just doesn't seem to work that way. Not with the psychological ruin he has wrought on himself. I think he fights again, I think he wins again, but I think the axle is broken and now we watch it hitch down the road.