Report: McGregor demands more money, delays UFC 197 announcement

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Despite reports earlier this week, it appears the UFC 197 main event between Conor Mcgregor and Rafael dos Anjos is anything but official.

According to Globo, the UFC was supposed to announce the main and co-main event of the upcoming Pay-Per-View event in March during the Green Bay Packers vs. Washington Redskins halftime last Sunday, but were forced to delay it because McGregor is yet to sign the fight contract to compete against lightweight champ Rafael dos Anjos.

The report also specifically mentioned that McGregor seemingly demanded more money from the promotion, which led to the delay in the announcement.

LINK: Report: McGregor demands more money, delays UFC 197 announcement

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hope others are taking notes. Make yourself valuable & then shove it up their asses.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Aww man that's fucking awesome, McGregor is quickly becoming one of my favourites.

He's a superstar, he KNOWS he's a superstar, so demand that superstar money! Don't let these greedy "suits" keep all the money that's generated by guys who go in there and risk their health for our entertainment.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
lol..good..about time a fighter had leverage..fk zuffa right in the pussy

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I hope Dana didnt actually think he had this guy under control? LOL!
lol Dana's frankenstein monster has now escaped the lab and is strangling people in Zuffa village. I hope he doesn't stop here, he should tell Reebok that they need to come up with at least 300-500k per fight if they expect him to wear their shit.

McGregor is a fancy man now, there's no going back, he's going to stick it hard to Dana and co.

Eventually we're going to see UFC (insert number here), a joint promotion by Zuffa and McGregor Promotions.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
lol Dana's frankenstein monster has now escaped the lab and is strangling people in Zuffa village. I hope he doesn't stop here, he should tell Reebok that they need to come up with at least 300-500k per fight if they expect him to wear their shit.

McGregor is a fancy man now, there's no going back, he's going to stick it hard to Dana and co.

Eventually we're going to see UFC (insert number here), a joint promotion by Zuffa and McGregor Promotions.
Or we will hear Dana

"I dont know who this guy thinks he is, we made him, we gave him this platform and now he thinks he is going to call the shots *laughing and face red, i dont think so but we will see how it goes down.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Jesus. I'm becoming a fan of Conor the Businessman, despite not being a fan of Conor the Fighter.

Get it while you can, Conor. If you aren't getting $20 million on the next POV, they're fucking you.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
I hope Conor goes nuts and challanges Dana to a boxing match at UFC 200 as a clause to fight at 197.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Or we will hear Dana

"I dont know who this guy thinks he is, we made him, we gave him this platform and now he thinks he is going to call the shots *laughing and face red, i dont think so but we will see how it goes down.
hahaha Conor has all the power and Dana knows it. Ronda got ktfo, Brock Lesnar is doing pro wrestling, so who can sell over a million PPVs? Only the McGregor Man Can!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
hahaha Conor has all the power and Dana knows it. Ronda got ktfo, Brock Lesnar is doing pro wrestling, so who can sell over a million PPVs? Only the McGregor Man Can!
Yup. Robbie should be able too based on his amazing fights and never say die attitude but without the shit talking that doesnt count for much with the mma fans of today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think there's a decent chance that it's RDA who is holding out for more money. The announcement was supposed to be made during the Packers/Redskins game last night. Kavanagh came on twitter last night and tweeted "t-minus 1 hour" talking about the announcement coming up, but then it was never made. You'd think Kavanagh would know if his fighter signed the contract or not.

Then there's this tweet.

View: https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/686617654409363456

and this one.

View: https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/686632875387650049