Report: Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Booked For UFC 194

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Well last week it was reported that Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes was being targeted for a December date.

With the addition of another event on that stacked weekend in December there were a lot of options for where that fight would take place. However now it looks like it will be added to the already stacked UFC 194, which will take place that Saturday on Dec. 12.

The report comes from the Brazilian news outlet, Combate, who sated that sources close to the organization have confirmed the bout.

LINK: Report: Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Booked For UFC 194 | BJPENN.COM

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This card is STACKED.

• Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor
  • Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold
  • Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza
  • Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes
  • Max Holloway vs. Jeremy Stephens
  • Demian Maia vs. Gunnar Nelson
  • Urijah Faber vs. Frankie Saenz
  • Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson
  • Kevin Lee vs. Leonardo Santos
  • Warlley Alves vs. Colby Covington
  • John Makdessi vs. Yancy Medeiros
  • Magomed Mustafaev vs. Joe Proctor
  • Marcio Alexandre Jr. vs. Court McGee

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What's funny is, with all the talk about Ronda cleaning out the 135 division, Miesha is on her way to accomplishing the same. Here's the current UFC Bantamweight top ten:

1. Miesha Tate
2. Cat Zingano
3. Alexis Davis
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Sarah Kaufman
6. Sara McMann
7. Jessica Eye
8. Holly Holm
8. Bethe Correia
10. Liz Carmouche

She also has a win against now-retired Julie Kedzie, and a quality win against Rin Nakai (who is better than her freakshow status). With Amanda Nunes on deck, Miesha is also in danger of running out of quality opponents. There are rematches against Cat Zingano and Sarah Kaufman, and that's it? Dana doesn't want to give Miesha a title shot, but she'd walk through Correia and Holm (two jokes as contendes). She really is the 2nd best woman in all of WMMA. It's a shame the gap between number one and number two is so large.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What's funny is, with all the talk about Ronda cleaning out the 135 division, Miesha is on her way to accomplishing the same. Here's the current UFC Bantamweight top ten:

1. Miesha Tate
2. Cat Zingano
3. Alexis Davis
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Sarah Kaufman
6. Sara McMann
7. Jessica Eye
8. Holly Holm
8. Bethe Correia
10. Liz Carmouche

She also has a win against now-retired Julie Kedzie, and a quality win against Rin Nakai (who is better than her freakshow status). With Amanda Nunes on deck, Miesha is also in danger of running out of quality opponents. There are rematches against Cat Zingano and Sarah Kaufman, and that's it? Dana doesn't want to give Miesha a title shot, but she'd walk through Correia and Holm (two jokes as contendes). She really is the 2nd best woman in all of WMMA. It's a shame the gap between number one and number two is so large.
I agree on all this except I think Zingano wins a rematch if it goes down.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

1. Miesha Tate
2. Cat Zingano
3. Alexis Davis
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Sarah Kaufman
6. Sara McMann
7. Jessica Eye
8. Holly Holm
8. Bethe Correia
10. Liz Carmouche

What happened to Rin?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
This card is STACKED.

• Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor
  • Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold
  • Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza
  • Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes
  • Max Holloway vs. Jeremy Stephens
  • Demian Maia vs. Gunnar Nelson
  • Urijah Faber vs. Frankie Saenz
  • Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson
  • Kevin Lee vs. Leonardo Santos
  • Warlley Alves vs. Colby Covington
  • John Makdessi vs. Yancy Medeiros
  • Magomed Mustafaev vs. Joe Proctor
  • Marcio Alexandre Jr. vs. Court McGee
Holy shit. Sick card

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What happened to Rin?
She's been left out of the UFC rankings. I doubt they don't actually consider Rin to be top-15, because she would obviously grapplefuck a lot of girls in those rankings, but it's probably due to her Pancrase contract. She's still listed on the UFCs website as being on their roster, and ZUFFA is pretty good at keeping the online fighter roster up to date.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Warlley Alves vs Colby Covington should be good. I forget about Colby until I see his name. Warlley gonna choke him

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Warlley Alves vs. Colby Covington is going to be a hell of a fight as well.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
I bet this fight gets moved to another card, possibly the fox card. This winner produces a surefire million buy contender. I love Miesha but im rooting for a Nunes fight so I want her to come up large here

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I bet this fight gets moved to another card, possibly the fox card. This winner produces a surefire million buy contender. I love Miesha but im rooting for a Nunes fight so I want her to come up large here
God I hope you're wrong about this and it stays on 194. And if it does get moved, they replace it with a fight just as good. This card is so stacked. It would be a shame if they start to pick it apart.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
This card is too stacked. We're going to have Fedor vs Jon Jones on the prelims if they don't stop with this shit.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Holloway vs Stephens is going to be crazy.

Romero/Jacare
Wiedman/Rockhold
Conor/Aldo

All badass fights.