General Republican anti-democracy bullshit.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Hey man, I am fully willing to explain why a commission is needed, and why it's fucking disgraceful that the GOP has shut it down because partisan politics. It was only the most serious assault on American democracy since the Civil War, after all.......

??
What about the time they had internment camps?

T

The Big Guy

Hey man, I am fully willing to explain why a commission is needed, and why it's fucking disgraceful that the GOP has shut it down because partisan politics. It was only the most serious assault on American democracy since the Civil War, after all.......

??
Imo people had a right to be upset about the election but not to the point of attacking capital police or stealing Pelosis laptop. You had federal judges deciding the days and ways to vote. Iirc that's only something that can be decided by state legislators. All the rest of the gripes are probably crazy and I haven't really looked into any of those claims and I dont know what the narrative would be. There has been some good footage of election fraud posted on project veritas about ballots for sale and other shit but it's not definitively widespread

I'm sure we can both reasonably assume that antifa or whoever would have rioted if "their guy" lost. Either way rioting is a bad look especially at the capital.

Also partisan politics are unfortunately the new norm it seems. Packing the supreme court is just another example. Both sides play that dirty game

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That was disgraceful and shameful as well.

But it wasn't a violent insurrection aimed directly at attacking the democratic process itself and the peaceful and lawful transfer of power, was it.

??
Stripping people of their rights and all of their worldly possessions is worse. That's not really a debatable point.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
In today's Republican anti-democracy bullshit, Mitch McConnell confirms that as soon as the Republicans hold the Senate, they will not allow the Democrats to fill a Supreme Court vacancy.

This from the cunts who blocked Merrick Garland's nomination in 2016 because there was eight months left to go before the Presidential election and apparently that's too soon to confirm a new judge...... and then four years later, they confirmed Amy Barrett six days before Trump lost the election.

This is a democracy in its death spiral.

??
The United States is a Republic not a Democracy Sweet tits...

1623788093526.gif

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Elections have consequences. The Dems were able to hold impeachment hearings with their fake "muh Russia hoax" because they picked up enough seats in the house to control it and spit in all of our faces...

The Republicans specifically Cocaine Mitch were able to screw the Dems with Garland (Thank God even more now that he's shown he's an absolute goof) because they won enough seats to control the Senate...

Friendly reminder, it was Democratic Senator Harry Reid who put in the Nuclear option and made this all possible eventhough he was warned not to...

The nuclear option was first invoked in November 2013, when a Senate Democratic majority led by Harry Reid used the procedure to eliminate the 60-vote rule for presidential nominations, other than nominations to the Supreme Court. In April 2017, the nuclear option was invoked again, this time by a Senate Republican majority led by Mitch McConnell to also eliminate the 60-vote rule for Supreme Court nominations, and thereby end debate on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch.