Resident Evil Village

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Oct 24, 2015
Got it and passed it. What happened to Capcom? 2 RE games that fell flat. Visuals are beautiful and great but the game play sucks. The puzzles are lame. No real thought went into the map design. Gone are the RE of old where what items you have matter and made you adjust accordingly. Inventory doesn't matter anymore as you have lots of spots to put anything in. Never run out. People like to compare it to RE4 but it doesn't put up in the same positions RE4 did with multiple bad guys attacking you. Field of view worked better in 7 as it was close space around the Baker house. RE 8 is "open world" and doesn't work as well.
If you are looking for a survivor horror game this isn't it. If you want a action game that feels like its on rails pick this up, once it goes down in price.

Nov 21, 2015
Clicked on this thinking there was a new Resident Evil movie out that I had
somehow missed. Can't speak on games as I don't play them but whatever OP's
beef is I second it as a fellow TMMACr'

Like OP Said WTF happened to Capcom!? (I don't know what Capcom is )

Whatever the fuck happened to them is bullshit!

And fuck RE games that fell flat (I'll look up what RE means later)

And Field of View I 100% Agree was bullshit! (I fly drones so I do know what FOV is)

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Got it and passed it. What happened to Capcom? 2 RE games that fell flat. Visuals are beautiful and great but the game play sucks. The puzzles are lame. No real thought went into the map design. Gone are the RE of old where what items you have matter and made you adjust accordingly. Inventory doesn't matter anymore as you have lots of spots to put anything in. Never run out. People like to compare it to RE4 but it doesn't put up in the same positions RE4 did with multiple bad guys attacking you. Field of view worked better in 7 as it was close space around the Baker house. RE 8 is "open world" and doesn't work as well.
If you are looking for a survivor horror game this isn't it. If you want a action game that feels like its on rails pick this up, once it goes down in price.
Shame to hear. The game looked good and got decent reviews.

Urufu

Jun 22, 2021
I heard Capcom say all original (RE1) fans were too old and didn't play games anymore or dead... So they moved and branched to appeal to a new audience, I personally used to like RE, but I did notice it shift too much to action games, and then RE compared to other action games... Is short and as you say, kinda flat. I see you play other RE games, so have you think about trying indies? There's some interesting incoming Japanese horror games.
I was looking once at a post that mentioned that not even the 10% of RE players completed the game on the hardest difficulty. So I guess it is a company money oriented decision, bearing how many people suffered with the water puzzle, the pool table lamps and the knights room. Did you liked the Revelations series?