Society Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap polit

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
An undercover investigation by Channel 4 News reveals how Cambridge Analytica secretly campaigns in elections across the world. Bosses were filmed talking about using bribes, ex-spies, fake IDs and sex workers.

View: https://youtu.be/mpbeOCKZFfQ

Senior executives at Cambridge Analytica – the data company that credits itself with Donald Trump’s presidential victory – have been secretly filmed saying they could entrap politicians in compromising situations with bribes and Ukrainian sex workers.

In an undercover investigation by Channel 4 News, the company’s chief executive Alexander Nix said the British firm secretly campaigns in elections across the world. This includes operating through a web of shadowy front companies, or by using sub-contractors.

In one exchange, when asked about digging up material on political opponents, Mr Nix said they could “send some girls around to the candidate’s house”, adding that Ukrainian girls “are very beautiful, I find that works very well”.

In another he said: “We’ll offer a large amount of money to the candidate, to finance his campaign in exchange for land for instance, we’ll have the whole thing recorded, we’ll blank out the face of our guy and we post it on the Internet.”

Offering bribes to public officials is an offence under both the UK Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Cambridge Analytica operates in the UK and is registered in the United States.

The admissions were filmed at a series of meetings at London hotels over four months, between November 2017 and January 2018. An undercover reporter for Channel 4 News posed as a fixer for a wealthy client hoping to get candidates elected in Sri Lanka.

Mr Nix told our reporter: “…we’re used to operating through different vehicles, in the shadows, and I look forward to building a very long-term and secretive relationship with you.”

Along with Mr Nix, the meetings also included Mark Turnbull, the managing director of CA Political Global, and the company’s chief data officer, Dr Alex Tayler.

Mr Turnbull described how, having obtained damaging material on opponents, Cambridge Analytica can discreetly push it onto social media and the internet.

He said: “… we just put information into the bloodstream of the internet, and then, and then watch it grow, give it a little push every now and again… like a remote control. It has to happen without anyone thinking, ‘that’s propaganda’, because the moment you think ‘that’s propaganda’, the next question is, ‘who’s put that out?’.”

Mr Nix also said: “…Many of our clients don’t want to be seen to be working with a foreign company… so often we set up, if we are working then we can set up fake IDs and websites, we can be students doing research projects attached to a university, we can be tourists, there’s so many options we can look at. I have lots of experience in this.”

In the meetings, the executives boasted that Cambridge Analytica and its parent company Strategic Communications Laboratories (SCL) had worked in more than two hundred elections across the world, including Nigeria, Kenya, the Czech Republic, India and Argentina.

The company is at the centre of a scandal over its role in the harvesting of more than 50 million Facebook profiles.

Chief executive Mr Nix has also been accused of misleading a parliamentary select committee, which is now asking him to provide further information. He has denied the allegations.

Tonight, a Cambridge Analytica spokesman said: “We entirely refute any allegation that Cambridge Analytica or any of its affiliates use entrapment, bribes, or so-called “honey-traps” for any purpose whatsoever… We routinely undertake conversations with prospective clients to try to tease out any unethical or illegal intentions…”

They said: “Cambridge Analytica does not use untrue material for any purpose.”

And they insisted that opposition research and intelligence gathering, the use of subcontractors and working discreetly with clients are all common practice and legitimate.

This report is Part Two of a Channel 4 News series, ‘Data, Democracy and Dirty Tricks’, investigating Cambridge Analytica.

Part Three, on the company’s work in the United States, will be broadcast at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday, 20 March 2018). You can watch Part One here.

Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lol and this is somehow worse than using the fbi to spy on political opponents? Politics is a dirty game.this shit happens in every country there is

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
So you think Team Trump is pioneering new ways to ensnare politicians? At some point you're going to have to decide whether he's a dumbass or if he's some kind of mastermind orchestrating all sort of nefarious deeds, it seems you keep flip flopping on that

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
So you think Team Trump is pioneering new ways to ensnare politicians? At some point you're going to have to decide whether he's a dumbass or if he's some kind of mastermind orchestrating all sort of nefarious deeds, it seems you keep flip flopping on that
Wow. lol. Only a dumbass would extrapolate all that from a one-word post.
At some point, you're going to have to figure out what I meant by "Typical".

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So they are just the typical low brow electioneering company. That kind of thing has existed forever. It deserves to be shamed and exposed. But let's look at the far more nefarious stuff:

1> Using ex MI6 networks for dirt on opponents (Steele dossier says this is standard work as is mentioned in the video)

2> Facebook Data was mining is a use case here, but hardly the end of the story. Forbes Welcome The RNC had spent years data gathering in an attempt to reboot the party after getting wrecked in 2006-2008. They entered the 2016 election with 10 years of data gathering which was provided for cross reference and campaigning... cambridge then provided the modern tools to microtarget this with A-Z testing expanding in a modern way over historical A/B testing that famously fundraised for Obama.

Outside of gotcha techniques that exist world wide and take no real intelligence to perform, this company appears to simply be a natural extension of former campaign tactics moved into the modern era. Demonizing them seems to miss the larger point. The genie is out of the bottle. Spidering data/metadata and cross referencing it for targeted ads is the expected advertisement practice going forward. Did people think this wouldn't extend to marketing...candidates?

Rather than target this one company for shitty shill tactics of tempting bribes or hookers, the larger pictures should be addressed. What's ethical or not? If the ads would run anyways, does micro targeting become unethical simply because the message to me and my neighbor is different? Unethical because its simply too effective?

This is the reality of social media and is nothing specific about this company. They mined facebook data, facebook knew it, and facebook okayed it because the result is selling a bunch of ads. But that facebook data could have been mined quietly if the operation were started earlier without facebook being alerted. Facebook data has been undoubtedly mined by every modern government. Now what?
The RNC and DNC and every other organization are collecting their own massive databases to allow machine learning guided micro targeting.

What is the recommended solution? Because as best I can tell, it only took one programmer to truly empower CA to do their thing. There's no doubt that every single modern campaign going forward will employ similar tactics. So what's the legislation or rules that should be put in place?

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Part 2:
Exposed: Undercover secrets of Trump’s data firm

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/85v9xy/exposed_undercover_secrets_of_trumps_data_firm/dw0e665/?st=jf04t5l1&sh=a7b21c94

He said: “They don’t understand because the candidate never, is never involved. He’s told what to do by the campaign team.”
“So the candidate is the puppet?,” the undercover reporter asked.
“Always,” replied Mr Nix.

"No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!" -Trump

“There was a new kind of campaign that was being run on the other side – that nobody had ever faced before. Because it wasn’t just all about me. It was about how to suppress voters who were inclined to vote for me. When you have a massive propaganda effort to prevent people from thinking straight, because they’re being flooded with false information and you have people who are searching.. trying to make sense of it. But every search engine, every site they go into is repeating these fabrications. Then yes It affected the thought processes of voters.

So you’ve got CA, you’ve got the Republican National Committee which of course has always done data collection and analysis and you’ve got the Russians. And the real question is how did the Russians know how to target their messages so precisely to undecided voters in Wisconsin or Michigan or Pennsylvania – that is really the nub of the question. So if they were getting advice from say Cambridge Analytica or someone else about OK here are the 12 voters in this town in Wisconsin – that’s whose Facebook pages you need to be on to send these messages that indeed would be very disturbing.” -Hillary Clinton, Oct. 2017

-CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA had the facebook info of 50 million users.

-The RUSSIANS had the hacked US voters rolls in their possession.

-SPECTRUM HEALTH had everyone's email address/actual addresses on the national health care database.

During the 2016 campaign A TRUMP CO server was connecting to a RUSSIAN BANK server which was connecting to a SPECTRUM HEALTH server.
FBI investigation continues into 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization - CNNPolitics

The TRUMP CO server was actually based outside PHILLY hosted by a company named Listrak. I imagine that the CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA // FACEBOOK user data was here.
FBI gets Lititz firm’s help in probe of Russian bank’s ‘odd’ interest in Trump Hotels marketing emails

The RUSSIAN BANK server was hosted by ALFA BANK had the hacked US voter rolls.
Report: Russia probed at least 7 states’ voter systems before the 2016 election

SPECTRUM HEALTH, owned by Dick Devos (husband of Betsy Devos) had access to everyone's email address/actual addresses from the national healthcare database.
FBI still investigating Trump server link to Russian bank

With the info on all three servers the US voter rolls could be associated with the Facebook accounts by connecting where users live to their email address.

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
“There was a new kind of campaign that was being run on the other side – that nobody had ever faced before. Because it wasn’t just all about me. It was about how to suppress voters who were inclined to vote for me.
She's delusional.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Before clicking on this thread, I pretty much knew who would be posting what.

To those on the right, I ask you employ the same spirit of skepticism of politicians accounts and the rhetoric that opposes shady tactics you so valorized during the Clinton campaign.

To those on the left, I ask you to examine what you think these new revelations mean, what exactly they confirm or contradict, what ethical boundary you think they cross and what beyond hysterics can be done about it.

To the politically agnostic, I'm genuinely curious what you think.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Before clicking on this thread, I pretty much knew who would be posting what.

To those on the right, I ask you employ the same spirit of skepticism of politicians accounts and the rhetoric that opposes shady tactics you so valorized during the Clinton campaign.

To those on the left, I ask you to examine what you think these new revelations mean, what exactly they confirm or contradict, what ethical boundary you think they cross and what beyond hysterics can be done about it.

To the politically agnostic, I'm genuinely curious what you think.
I am the third option

I view the two part system as this

M

member 3289

Surely he can be impeached for this, right?