Richard Perez details money issues with Nick Diaz

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
"When he fought George St. Pierre - I didn’t get my percentage on the pay, and I don’t know what happened with the mix up with the manager and Nick. And then so he let the other manager go and he hired this other man named Lloyd [Pierson] as the new manager and they met [up at] my gym; and you know we renegotiated for the purse, and I asked for a contract and they said it was fine. That was in October. So then I started training Nick and I kept calling Lloyd and I wasn’t getting no contract. So I just felt like, you know I think it was around the 12th of January I decided I don’t want to do this anymore, because I don’t want to get burned. So I texted Lloyd and told him I’m not going to do this unless I get my contract like you promised me, and that’s what happened. They didn’t want to give me the contract so I felt like I didn’t want to get burned again. But I guess I did."

"It’s sad because I brought him all the way up to the top, and this is what they talk about his, striking and he gets…this guy’s a legend and he gets a big pay, and then I’m being pushed aside. So you know, that’s what happened. So yeah I’m hurt about it. You know and it’s sad because you have a relationship with a guy, [you] teach him to do something that he doesn’t know, and you bring him to the top and he breaks the record for throwing the most punches; and all of a sudden I’m out."

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
that was a good listen. Sad to hear it went down that way. thanks!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
the diaz bros have to be the most mismanaged fighters in the game.its like they have no clue what goes on with their camps and they have no idea if they have ever paid taxes.they need someone who looks out for their own best interest.unfortunately this is the kind of guys sleazey agents and lawyers get rich off of.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
jason73;16889 said:
the diaz bros have to be the most mismanaged fighters in the game.its like they have no clue what goes on with their camps and they have no idea if they have ever paid taxes.they need someone who looks out for their own best interest.unfortunately this is the kind of guys sleazey agents and lawyers get rich off of.
I agree. Nick is way too scatterbrained to take care of shit like this...that's why he pays a manager.

That being said, as soon as Nick heard his coach wasn't being paid, he should have picked up the phone to straighten it out.

Bad deal all around.