General Right Wingers, identify yourselves

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
The only thing im probably truly right wing about is guns and taxes we should be able to own any gun with any modification as a constitutional carry maybe limit AOW like grenade lauchers to certain areas like gun rages. Im not that conservative when it comes to the religious and immigration stuff in the republican party.
That would make you a libertarian.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Here's my predictions for the upcoming few years: balkanization. The US has already started fragmenting into Blue States and Red States. I would be willing to bet it will further fracture into Blue/Red cities/counties. The midterm elections will be an utter shit show. Candidates will fail to concede should they lose, and many will cry foul. Like, all of them. In hotly contested areas, I'd be willing to bet incumbents that are beaten won't step down, and many places will have two politicians claiming they're both filling the same seat. I can't wait to see the fist fights. I would be willing to also bet militias become more prominent and will start to function more and more as mercenary groups. Either way, migrations to like-minded areas will increase as more states bring cases against unenumerated rights and SCOTUS strikes down precedents protecting them. They've already said they will. States will increase their power, the fed will decline further. In Colorado River Compact states I expect violence as climate change impacts habitation and economic options. Fortunately the morons calling the shots have no idea how to deal with this and lack basic skills of compromise, so an issue that could be mitigated will instead be escalated.

Should the GOP take both houses, Biden gets impeached on Day 1, not that it matters. I would say Trump continues to tease a run in '24 as long as possible to generate revenue, because he knows he has no actual chance. There's no way he runs again unless there is an absolute sweep of total retards like Greene and Boebert coming into congress. Trump in '24 would be a disaster for the GOP. Another Trump term would start like the Ba'ath Purge of '79. Nothing would get done because it would just be Trump Unleashed. I can't see the Old GOP Guard letting that happen at any cost. Cruz of course will give it another go, but it's DeSantis. And it's going to be an utter joy watching him eat Trump alive.

2024 will likely be DeSantis vs Newsom (if both parties are smart). Following the trend of more judges, especially SCOTUS justices, supporting Independent state legislature theory, I predict an utter shit show that will make the midterms look like a peaceful transfer of power. Violence at the polls, ballots lost, total chaos. I would stop just short of civil war, but the election will yield not final decision. What happens then is anyone's guess. Presumably some group will have to step in and restore order.

Good luck.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Here's my predictions for the upcoming few years: balkanization. The US has already started fragmenting into Blue States and Red States. I would be willing to bet it will further fracture into Blue/Red cities/counties. The midterm elections will be an utter shit show. Candidates will fail to concede should they lose, and many will cry foul. Like, all of them. In hotly contested areas, I'd be willing to bet incumbents that are beaten won't step down, and many places will have two politicians claiming they're both filling the same seat. I can't wait to see the fist fights. I would be willing to also bet militias become more prominent and will start to function more and more as mercenary groups. Either way, migrations to like-minded areas will increase as more states bring cases against unenumerated rights and SCOTUS strikes down precedents protecting them. They've already said they will. States will increase their power, the fed will decline further. In Colorado River Compact states I expect violence as climate change impacts habitation and economic options. Fortunately the morons calling the shots have no idea how to deal with this and lack basic skills of compromise, so an issue that could be mitigated will instead be escalated.

Should the GOP take both houses, Biden gets impeached on Day 1, not that it matters. I would say Trump continues to tease a run in '24 as long as possible to generate revenue, because he knows he has no actual chance. There's no way he runs again unless there is an absolute sweep of total retards like Greene and Boebert coming into congress. Trump in '24 would be a disaster for the GOP. Another Trump term would start like the Ba'ath Purge of '79. Nothing would get done because it would just be Trump Unleashed. I can't see the Old GOP Guard letting that happen at any cost. Cruz of course will give it another go, but it's DeSantis. And it's going to be an utter joy watching him eat Trump alive.

2024 will likely be DeSantis vs Newsom (if both parties are smart). Following the trend of more judges, especially SCOTUS justices, supporting Independent state legislature theory, I predict an utter shit show that will make the midterms look like a peaceful transfer of power. Violence at the polls, ballots lost, total chaos. I would stop just short of civil war, but the election will yield not final decision. What happens then is anyone's guess. Presumably some group will have to step in and restore order.

Good luck.
You made me sad, babe.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
That's one of the most delusional things I've ever read. I wouldn't worry on it too much, babe.
I wouldn’t say it’s delusional. The divide is real. And the internet is to blame. People don’t know what’s fact or fiction, and they latch onto what they think is the truth. It’s no surprise that violence is way up in the last 4 years.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I wouldn’t say it’s delusional. The divide is real. And the internet is to blame. People don’t know what’s fact or fiction, and they latch onto what they think is the truth. It’s no surprise that violence is way up in the last 4 years.
I think the internet has sped up the finale, I don't think it's caused it. America was always designed for state's rights to be of high priority. The idea that people will move to areas where they have more in common with the other people there is completely logical and people shouldn't be selling it as the sky falling.

Regarding the rising violence, it isn't being fueled by political violence. As far as I'm aware it's mostly major city gang crime that's causing it.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
The divide is real but I don’t think it’s the internet. IMO it’s people using the government to try and force down their way of life on their neighbors. As opposed to a base level of freedom and tolerance to love others who think/look/act differently than you do. As someone from more rural NY I’ve personally seen loads of people leave this state due to high taxes, gun laws, vaccine mandates for public schooling, and in massive numbers due to their reaction to Covid. I would imagine some red states will see losses due anti abortion laws, marijuana restrictions, and people who want more restrictive gun laws, Covid guidelines etc.

While I am saddened that we are losing the ability to look across the aisle and live in harmony with people ideologically different than us. I’m not so certain that the “great sort” is a terrible thing. As long as we can maintain a base level of federal cohesion that is.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
The divide is real but I don’t think it’s the internet. IMO it’s people using the government to try and force down their way of life on their neighbors. As opposed to a base level of freedom and tolerance to love others who think/look/act differently than you do. As someone from more rural NY I’ve personally seen loads of people leave this state due to high taxes, gun laws, vaccine mandates for public schooling, and in massive numbers due to their reaction to Covid. I would imagine some red states will see losses due anti abortion laws, marijuana restrictions, and people who want more restrictive gun laws, Covid guidelines etc.

While I am saddened that we are losing the ability to look across the aisle and live in harmony with people ideologically different than us. I’m not so certain that the “great sort” is a terrible thing. As long as we can maintain a base level of federal cohesion that is.
How are these peoples messages spread? We know social media uses an algorithm to put things in front of people that make them angry, because it will get them to look at it longer or fall down the rabbit hole. Then you find yourself in an echo chamber that reinforces your beliefs. The internet/social media is absolutely responsible for this.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
How are these peoples messages spread? We know social media uses an algorithm to put things in front of people that make them angry, because it will get them to look at it longer or fall down the rabbit hole. Then you find yourself in an echo chamber that reinforces your beliefs. The internet/social media is absolutely responsible for this.
I think you're right about social media playing a part in the spreading of messages, but it can only spread sentiments that already exist. I also think it bears mentioning that you're kind of ignoring what I'd think he feel is the more important point of his post.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I think you're right about social media playing a part in the spreading of messages, but it can only spread sentiments that already exist. I also think it bears mentioning that you're kind of ignoring what I'd think he feel is the more important point of his post.
Which is?

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Difference of opinion is a normal thing. People living with like minded individuals makes sense. Forcing all people to live under the same rules, doesn't really. Especially if there's little consensus.
So we should all live in echo chambers where our ideas are never challenged?