Lifestyle Ringworm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Can cockroaches cause ringworm? Just saw a big one crawling around on my soap bars. Have a couple of ringworm looking sores on one of my arms. Could there be a correlation?

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Can cockroaches cause ringworm? Just saw a big one crawling around on my soap bars. Have a couple of ringworm looking sores on one of my arms. Could there be a correlation?
I'm going to guess no but I will ask the expert. I'm home sick with a cold. She's at the weekend place.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Not likely.

Play with any nasty critters lately? It's a fungus so dirty, funky things are more likely to be the cause than a roach.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Not likely.

Play with any nasty critters lately? It's a fungus so dirty, funky things are more likely to be the cause than a roach.
That leaves a lot of guess work. I’ll get my room clean tomorrow and change my sheets. My temple has healed up so I can use the ones IschKabibble @IschKabibble generously sent. Haven’t been in any particularly toxic situations as of late though.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Pics are hard to tell and she HATES looking at pics. With that said the linear ones to her resemble scabies but she isn’t saying 100% sure.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
does the ringworm sore itch?

If not, it's likely Pityriasis Rosea. It's viral, but not contagious.
Spreads for a month, stable for a month, gone in another month.

if you have a microscope, it's pretty easy to take skin flakes and look for fungus.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
My GF sees a couple patients per week on average with scabies. Most of the time it's old nursing home patients. She isn't sure that's scabies though. I took a phone pic off my computer screen and texted it to her.

Fun fact. Patient care at the VA sucks. It's the system not the docs for the most part. We have a well trained derm friend there. Long story how he ended up there but he is over qualified to be wasting his time at the VA. Any who they are so short staffed they have nurses send pics to the derm dept at UM and residents give a diagnoses based just off pics before these vets can come in for a regular appt. The diags. based just off pics are 50% wrong. Pics are not a substitute for seeing someone in person.