RIP Shane Mosely

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
No, he's not dead. Just retired. Outside of Tyson highlights and interviews, my favorite boxing moment was the liver shot he destroyed Oscar De La Hoya with.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
No, he's not dead. Just retired. Outside of Tyson highlights and interviews, my favorite boxing moment was the liver shot he destroyed Oscar De La Hoya with.
Better recheck your favorite moment that was Hopkins that destroyed Oscar with a body shot

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
also Mosley is a boxer not an MMA fighter (wrong subforum lol)

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
not to promote this thread any more than necessary, but ODH was robbed in the second Mosley fight ffs!!

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I enjoyed that fight where Nelson Mandela was destroyed by Shane Mosley in comeback KO of the year too

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Jackson* and hell yeah it is. I still wanna shout at Herol not to chase Julian into that bloody corner.....

.....but it's too damn late :D
Oh I know is Julian Jackson.. he literally dropped ppl live I've never seen.. shut their lights off and they fell like a tree.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Oh I know is Julian Jackson.. he literally dropped ppl live I've never seen.. shut their lights off and they fell like a tree.
I didn't even notice you wrote Julius not Julian :D and yeah he might not have been that good technically but oh lord, when he connected flush he could KO a rhinoceros. That's the kind of power that gives opponents sleepless nights leading up to the fight knowing they'll probably get a good night's sleep mid-fight. Can't teach power like that.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I didn't even notice you wrote Julius not Julian :D and yeah he might not have been that good technically but oh lord, when he connected flush he could KO a rhinoceros. That's the kind of power that gives opponents sleepless nights leading up to the fight knowing they'll probably get a good night's sleep mid-fight. Can't teach power like that.
Imho the most devastating puncher p4p ever...ill post a video analysis about him you'll enjoy

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What I always enjoyed about Shane, was not only how slick he was inside of the ring, but how charismatic and classy he/is outside of it. Really like the guy and hope he's doing well.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
What I always enjoyed about Shane, was not only how slick he was inside of the ring, but how charismatic and classy he/is outside of it. Really like the guy and hope he's doing well.
Possible he was doping for quite a long time though right? he admitted to PED use even if he denied intent.

He's got that Victor Conte shit putting an asterisk over his wins, and he dropped his case against Conte too.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Possible he was doping for quite a long time though right? he admitted to PED use even if he denied intent.

He's got that Victor Conte shit putting an asterisk over his wins, and he dropped his case against Conte too.
I'm not educated enough on the topic to comment one way or the other. Did he get popped for PED's back in the day?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Jehannum @Jehannum enjoy.. this guy is a great mind
I've never even heard of elastic recoil (in combat sports) but when they analyse those punches they do look so different to regular hooks, it's weird seeing his arm folded back so far, and then he can throw the shot and keep it really close to his body. Hard not to be impressed

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I'm not educated enough on the topic to comment one way or the other. Did he get popped for PED's back in the day?
I don't believe he failed any tests but admits to taking various banned substances for the DLH rematch. Been awhile since all that shit happened so I don't wanna talk like I know all the facts but it definitely sounds like he was being boosted by Conte's science and potentially for years.

His son popped too though it's probably unfair to blame the father for his son's failure.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't believe he failed any tests but admits to taking various banned substances for the DLH rematch. Been awhile since all that shit happened so I don't wanna talk like I know all the facts but it definitely sounds like he was being boosted by Conte's science and potentially for years.

His son popped too though it's probably unfair to blame the father for his son's failure.
Hmmmm, I didn't know that. You gotta wonder though, how many boxers were taking some shit back then and maybe still are today. What's boxing's drug testing protocol like? Stringent like USADA?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Hmmmm, I didn't know that. You gotta wonder though, how many boxers were taking some shit back then and maybe still are today. What's boxing's drug testing protocol like? Stringent like USADA?
I'm pretty sure it's down to each state's commission on what tests are done, and VADA is ofc voluntary and has to be requested and agreed upon by both camps I believe. I don't think they test more than urine in most cases which is a joke at this point. If the sanctioning body doesn't request the testing too then fighters can get a pass, like the WBA asking for a sample to be tested from boxers they don't "promote" while conveniently not asking for their own fighter to be tested. It's horrible and very much indicative of the state of boxing today