VID RIZIN press conference Friday 2/17/2017 11am (Tokyo time), 2/16 9pm EST

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-mz7jOd4U

【Date and time】 Friday, February 17, 2017 (Fri) 11:00 START
【Exhibitor】 Nobuyuki Sakakibara RIZIN Executive Committee Chairman / Nobuhiko Takada RIZIN General Manager / General Manager

More including Facebook Live link:
2月17日(金)11時00分より記者会見LIVE配信! 『RIZIN 2017 in YOKOHAMA』に関するお知らせ - RIZIN FIGHTING FEDERATION(ライジン オフィシャルサイト)

Friday, February 17 (Fri) 1st bulletin card announced from 11 am Press conference: 4.16 Yokohama Arena

RIZIN FIGHTING FEDERATION 2017 IN YOKOHAMA (Sunday, April 16 (Yokohama Arena)) will be held in Tokyo on February 17 (Fri) at 11 am. Schedule of the press conference is scheduled to be broadcast live on the net,although it is not posted at the time of posting this article, details will beannounced by RIZIN official website before the press conference .

Participating competitors

Kawachiri Tatsuya (T-BLOOD)
Kitaoka Satoru (Lotus Setagaya / Pancrase Ism Yokohama / DEEP Lightweight champion, Pancrase 2nd place)
RENA (Caesar Jim / Shootboxing World Women's Flyweight (51 kg) Champion)
Hideo Inou (Reversal Jim Musashi Kosugi plus)
SaigaOsamu Saemon (Me, We)
Yamamoto Arsene (KRAZY BEE)
Miyu Yamamoto (KRAZY BEE)
Tenshin Nasugawa (team Tenshin / ISKA Oriental world & RISE bantamweight (-55kg) champion)Kawachiri Tatsuya (T-BLOOD)
Kitaoka Satoru (Lotus Setagaya / Pancrase Ism Yokohama / DEEP Lightweight champion, Pancrase 2nd place)
RENA (Caesar Jim / Shootboxing World Women's Flyweight (51 kg) Champion)
Hideo Inou (Reversal Jim Musashi Kosugi plus)
SaigaOsamu Saemon (Me, We)
Yamamoto Arsene (KRAZY BEE)
Miyu Yamamoto (KRAZY BEE)
Tenshin Nasugawa (team Tenshin / ISKA Oriental world & RISE bantamweight (-55kg) champion)"

(Translation through Chrome)

More:
[NEWS RIZIN] 2/17(金)午前11時より第1弾カード発表記者会見:4.16 横浜アリーナ

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Pretty sure the "participating competitors" list is for the event and not the press conference.

Also we are talking 11 a.m. Tokyo time. I think that is 9 p.m. EST Thursday night...?

PrideNeverDie

Posting Machine
Feb 6, 2016
not as interested in this card as the previous ones ( at least for now ) , having Wandy could really bump this up

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
not as interested in this card as the previous ones ( at least for now ) , having Wandy could really bump this up
really? you wanna see semi-retired Wandy further develop his CTE more than you wanna see new fighters at the top of their game like RENA and Tenshin??

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Edited the main post with the vid link. I really hope they have an English translator.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
So pumped for Rizin, hope to hear some awesome match ups at this press conference!!!! :D

PrideNeverDie

Posting Machine
Feb 6, 2016
really? you wanna see semi-retired Wandy further develop his CTE more than you wanna see new fighters at the top of their game like RENA and Tenshin??
Tenshin yes , but thats about it . i get what your saying about Wandy but id think any matchup he finds himself in over at Rizin would be little more than a showcase fight for him and im kind of ok with that

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Me too. I'll make this thread live tonight.
Live? What do you mean? I heard about the grand prix's and the bantamweight grand prix has me excited. Also heard that Houriguci may end up going to rizin, a bit sad because I think he would beat DJ. But it would be awesome to see him fight some top Flyw's in Rizin.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Live? What do you mean? I heard about the grand prix's and the bantamweight grand prix has me excited. Also heard that Houriguci may end up going to rizin, a bit sad because I think he would beat DJ. But it would be awesome to see him fight some top Flyw's in Rizin.
Turn on the auto refreshing feature, so we dont have to sit here and click refresh for an hour. You ever been in one of our fight night threads?

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Turn on the auto refreshing feature, so we dont have to sit here and click refresh for an hour. You ever been in one of our fight night threads?
Yeah, I have, but I was just confused because this isn't a fight night thread.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Ok, I missed it because my little buddy needed me. But it sounds like the whole thing was in Japanese anyway.

Looking at some article translations, I believe there will be both men's and women's tournaments held this year, the men's in the lighter weight classes, the women's yet to be decided. Basically seems there are good flyweights but they are still considering marketing Gabi Garcia somehow, so they might go heavier or open I guess. The final decision will be made by March.

The men's will be 16 people and the women's will be 8, so the women's will start in the fall.

Events will take place 4/16, 7/30, sometime end of September/beginning of October, 12/29, and 12/31.

Kawajiri is definitely in somehow but it wasn't totally clear to me what they were saying.

Sounds like the men's will either be flyweight to lightweight, or else they are picking one and haven't decided yet.

Here are some articles:
http://efight.jp/news-20170217_255381

http://efight.jp/news-20170217_255390

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yeah I turned it on....then turned it right off when it was in Japanese. Some subtitles would have been nice.