Robbie Lawler vs Colby Covington Main Event UFC Newark on 8/3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is a really tough match up for Colby. If he beats Lawler, there's no denying him a title shot.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
This is what's so fucked up about watching MMA:

I see the headline and my first, at this point instinctive reaction is "Great fight, will probably fall through, don't get exited :C"

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
This is a really tough match up for Colby. If he beats Lawler, there's no denying him a title shot.
I don’t want to agree, but i must. If the loudmouth gets past the legend it’s time to give him a real belt.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
'Verbally'. "Per" "Dana White".

I once verbally agreed to move out of my parents' house. That was 12 years ago.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Whatever happened to that waaz guy? He must be in rough shape after this announcement.

M

member 603

Ducking Colby
You know, I don't think that he's ducking him, but I also don't feel that he wants to fight him... In the sense that he doesn't want to give him the honor or privilege to... You know what I mean? He's not fearful of losing, but he just doesn't want to give him that pop.... Usman has called out GSP, Jorge, Askren, but he's like "Fuck Colby"

M

member 3289

You know, I don't think that he's ducking him, but I also don't feel that he wants to fight him... In the sense that he doesn't want to give him the honor or privilege to... You know what I mean? He's not fearful of losing, but he just doesn't want to give him that pop.... Usman has called out GSP, Jorge, Askren, but he's like "Fuck Colby"
He's definitely not scared of Colby, and yeah he dislikes him so you're prob right...

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Yep. We already know exactlyhow this fight will look. A mix between Lawler vs Hendricks 2 and Colby vs RDA.
You know Robbie beat Johnny in their second fight, right? (and before you say you meant Robbie/Johnny 1, there was no wresting in that one).

Devante

Dec 28, 2018
tough fight for colby a guy who has limited def, leans heavily on physicality and volume; versus a more athletic, big strong, explosive fighter w/good footwork and defensive wrestling.

colby can wrestle but lacks athleticism to blow through guys, and doesn't have the footwork to get in the spots he wants w/out getting clipped..

bad bad matchup for colby

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You know Robbie beat Johnny in their second fight, right? (and before you say you meant Robbie/Johnny 1, there was no wresting in that one).
Uh, yes. You've missed the point.

The point was almost the entire fight was spent with Robbie pressed up the cage defending a takedown, just like RDA spent almost the entire fight with Colby pressed up against the cage. Both fights were competitive but also kind of sucked.

And that's what we are going to get in this fight.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Uh, yes. You've missed the point.

The point was almost the entire fight was spent with Robbie pressed up the cage defending a takedown, just like RDA spent almost the entire fight with Colby pressed up against the cage. Both fights were competitive but also kind of sucked.

And that's what we are going to get in this fight.
Thats what I see happening too, but hopefully Robbie will catch him.

Colby has no power on his strikes, loves to throw those floppy armed hooks to back people up to the cage and get his clinch work going.

I hope Robbie will take his head off in one of those exchanges.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Lots of Humble Pie being served in this thread. Not gonna lie I thought Robbie was gonna beat the brakes off Colby but happy to see MAGA Chaos get the win...