Robert Pattinson next Batman?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I am seeing this around twitter. My immediate reaction is negative. But idk. Maybe he will be brilliant.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Not familiar with him, he looks like the guy who played Scarecrow.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I am seeing this around twitter. My immediate reaction is negative. But idk. Maybe he will be brilliant.
Giving you an optimistic because clearly you have way more faith in him than I do.

I can’t see any way he could fit beneath the cowl and it not be ridiculous.

So, after writing that I went to look for a picture of Pattinson glittering in the sunlight while wearing a cape but found this.

He could certainly pull off Bruce Wayne

And maybe he could be a legitimate Batman as well. I’m not optimistic but seeing these pictures did give me a bit of hope.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Kevin Smith Says Robert Pattinson Batman Movie Is Based on The Long Halloween

There are a lot of questions surrounding the new Batman movie, especially when it comes to Robert Pattinson's younger take on Bruce Wayne and what director Matt Reeves has planned. With rumors of multiple villains involved, including Penguin and Catwoman, fans are wondering if Reeves is tackling a classic storyline, or at least a different take on Batman Returns. But many people have theorized that Reeves' film, based on what he himself has said about it, will actually be adapting one of the seminal comic runs from Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. And according to Kevin Smith, that's exactly what's happening.

During the latest episode of the FatMan Beyond podcast, Smith was taken back when co-host Marc Bernardin explained the rumor that it would adapt The Long Halloween.

"To be fair, I heard it to, and I heard it from a good source too," Smith explained.
sure sounds like it:
"It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale," Reeves said of his take on the Caped Crusader. "It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation."

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not a fan of Ben Affleck, but his portrayal of Batman was the closest to comic-accurate than all the rest by far.
People are getting tired of Hollywood trying relentlessly to get characters right, but generally it's not the actors fault, certainly not Ben's.
Their scripts are lacking terribly.
Justice League for instance was good, and could've been GREAT if not for poor scripting & story, and overzealous cgi.
Making powerful cubes after Marvel permeated the MCU with the tesseract?
Really?
That story was terrible.
But the Justice League characters & interactions were good.
Potential lost, again.
Dawn of Justice, same basic issue.

Jan 21, 2015
Not a fan of Ben Affleck, but his portrayal of Batman was the closest to comic-accurate than all the rest by far.
People are getting tired of Hollywood trying relentlessly to get characters right, but generally it's not the actors fault, certainly not Ben's.
Their scripts are lacking terribly.
Justice League for instance was good, and could've been GREAT if not for poor scripting & story, and overzealous cgi.
Making powerful cubes after Marvel permeated the MCU with the tesseract?
Really?
That story was terrible.
But the Justice League characters & interactions were good.
Potential lost, again.
Dawn of Justice, same basic issue.
No. Affleck can never be Batman.

I heard a big reason he was cast was simply because at the time he was insanely popular in China, and the $$ dept knew they would cash in over there and not even worry so much about the western audiences. Don't know if its true but hmmm makes ya think about how and why casting works sometimes

Affleck stick to comedy. Not tough. Batman lol I honestly thought it was a joke at first

Jan 21, 2015
batman movies should start going with a full facemask. That whole exposed mouth thing looks so stupid lol

Give him a badass armoured ninja mask with subtly carved fangs or something

as if mofos wouldn't recognize someone's mouth. He must have a good dental plan, he armours everything else and takes big hits but nah teeth are fine. He doesn't even wear a mouthpiece.

so stupid

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
No. Affleck can never be Batman.

I heard a big reason he was cast was simply because at the time he was insanely popular in China, and the $$ dept knew they would cash in over there and not even worry so much about the western audiences. Don't know if its true but hmmm makes ya think about how and why casting works sometimes

Affleck stick to comedy. Not tough. Batman lol I honestly thought it was a joke at first
I'm a massive Batman fan and a massive Affleck fan so I was pretty worried he was going to fluff it. I thought he played the ageing Batman perfectly.

I'm loathed to go and see Pattinson, but I'm a glutton for punishment so I will.

Jan 21, 2015
I'm a massive Batman fan and a massive Affleck fan so I was pretty worried he was going to fluff it. I thought he played the ageing Batman perfectly.

I'm loathed to go and see Pattinson, but I'm a glutton for punishment so I will.
being a massive Affleck fan, your opinion does not count.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Okay, Masato Toys @Masato Toys , what did he do wrong? How would you have written it differently?
He has the arrogance of Bruce Wayne. You do know he got old in the comics, right?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Apparently Vanessa Hudgens will star in the movie as Catwoman.

I am a fan...

Jan 21, 2015
Okay, Masato Toys @Masato Toys , what did he do wrong? How would you have written it differently?
He has the arrogance of Bruce Wayne. You do know he got old in the comics, right?
I just can't help but see Affleck as a sissy. He simply does not look tough to me, not convincing that he is a hard skinned badass. He looks like the kind of guy who whines about a hangnail, or would cry like a girl if he got cut or something. Soft, wimpy, spoiled. Cast him in a romantic comedy, or some period drama, or some sleazy stocktrader, or a soccer player who is awesome at dives lol - all these roles he is fine at. But Batman? BATMAN?? the toughest hardest SOB in Gotham, able to get the shit kicked out of him by a gang with baseball bats and still keep fighting till the last one is broken? No.

Bad casting. I believe the rumor about Chinese audience.