Robert Whittaker sides with Luke Rockhold on UFC criticism: ‘There’s no incentive to fight’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Add Robert Whittaker to the list of top-ranked UFC middleweights who are not happy with the current state of their division. Yoel Romero, Gegard Mousasi, Anderson Silva, and most recently Luke Rockhold have all shared their dissatisfaction with the match-making practices that have resulted in 185lb champion Michael Bisping defending his title versus the returning former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (at a time that remains TBD).

On Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Rockhold aired his grievances regarding the stalled division (in which he is currently ranked 2nd).

“[The UFC is putting] these mega-fights together that don’t make…

Whittaker agrees with Rockhold, calls for UFC interim belt at 185

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
And at this present moment, if I fight Luke; whether I win or lose, where do I go from there? Or if I fight Yoel, I’m in the same position; I don’t make any gains.
Disagree with that last part.. If he gets offered Yoel he should jump all over that, a win against Yoel makes him the clear number 1 contender. Otherwise he could be waiting a long time for a belt opportunity.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Disagree with that last part.. If he gets offered Yoel he should jump all over that, a win against Yoel makes him the clear number 1 contender. Otherwise he could be waiting a long time for a belt opportunity.
but #1 contender means nothing