Robert Whittaker wants a shot at Jon Jones after Style Bender fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

The line of potential competitors for Jon Jones just got a little longer...

“He’s kind of cleaned out his division,” Whittaker said of Jones. “It’s one of those things, like, yeah, we’ll have to wait and see. I’m gonna fight Adesanya, then I’ll be a little free myself. I’d definitely move up, not down. But if he’s looking for opponents, that’s a fight, that’s a great fight.”

“I think I could just give him a run for his money. I surprise a lot of people and I’m full of tricks, and I think the intensity I bring into a fight is something that a lot of people aren’t prepared for. But he’s a great fighter, he’s super, super dangerous. I’m under no illusion how hard it would be, and yeah, I think it would be fun.”

Robert Whittaker wants Jones after taking interim title off Adesanya

I like this better than Adesanya vs. Jones. If any of these fights ever happen at all.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Just make it to the Adesanya fight without getting injured, then worry about a future fight that'll most likely never happen.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Nobody outside of Heavyweight has a shit at beating Juicy J, and not many heavyweights have a real shot. Anyone under HW would get wrecked by him.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
What is going on? Did Jones run over these 185'ers pregnant girlfriends while high?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
It does take balls to fight a guy above your weight class that is allowed to use ped's.

JerryCranberry

Jan 22, 2019
I like that Whitaker wants the fight. I usually don’t like champions moving around in weight, but I guess when it comes to Jones I’m fine with it. Jones has been dominant for so long—lets give him the biggest challenges possible. And if he won’t go to heavyweight, I think Whittaker sounds like a good matchup.

I think Whittaker doesn’t get enough credit for his wins against Romero. If he beats Adesanya...yeah I’d be down for him fighting Jones.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I would pay extra to see this one in the streets instead of a cage.

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
Hahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHA

Jon Jones would maul him.

He lost to Wonderboy lol ( yes it was at welyerwewelt and he was green)

But still

Would be as competitive as Jones vs Chael

Have I been wrong yet? Have I been wrong yet? No! - Kenny 'powers' florigan

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Knuckles is tough but he would get twatted by jones.....in a violent way

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Both Adesanya and Whittaker need Jesus.
I'm not 100% good with the bible quotes, but didn't Jesus say something like: "you should worry about the giant line of challengers in your own division before you comment on me having already cleaned out mine"
not really sure, though, or it went something like: he who has cleaned out his division shall move up in weight .... (not down!)