Robin Black outs Michael Bisping blind eye story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I was under the impression he was just a bit blind in one eye, seems like he is completely or mostly blind in one eye though. It makes his achievements late career all the impressive.

Of course USADA also played their part.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
maclife.com said:
You know, you can’t do it forever,” Bisping said. “Done it for a long time. Of course I’ve got issues with my eye. After the [Kelvin] Gastelum fight then I started having issues with my good eye, which I’ve never spoken about before. … After the Gastelum fight I went to a party with all my team, my friends that had flown in to watch. We went to a club, and because it’s dark I just kept seeing this flash out the corner of my good eye. I’m like, ‘what the hell?’ I kept looking. I kept seeing a flash so I kept looking, and doing that constantly.

“So I started freaking out, going I don’t believe this, I’ve got a detached retina in my good eye. I’ve got problems with my bad eye, it doesn’t look good. So obviously I was kind of freaking out. First thing I did when I got home is I went to a doctor and they checked it out — they say it probably is a detached retina, they looked at it, they say no, it’s not a detached retina it’s a vitreous detachment.”

A vitreous detachment is a term to describe an issue in your eye when tiny fibers break inside the vitreous gel (found behind your retina). According to Bisping, the flashing lights he is seeing stems from those fibers breaking occasionally.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Yikes.

I can relate to some of this ...

Nov 21, 2015
Wow... I don't see how this doesn't open up the UFC and the Commissions
to lawsuits if he is indeed blind in one eye and they still sanctioned his fights

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He is having a similar problem with the good eye now

fucking sad

honestly had a hard time watching him fight last few years with the one bad eye

he was a wounded animal for years now just fighting on anger and adrenaline(skill also of course)

Wish he would have got it fixed and quit. He would have missed some head damage, but he did grab a belt so maybe it was worth it?

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Wow... I don't see how this doesn't open up the UFC and the Commissions
to lawsuits if he is indeed blind in one eye and they still sanctioned his fights
probably a you signed the waiver deal...I think the Frittatas would cover their ass with a lawyer and a release before he fought after that eye went wonky.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Me too, I detached the retina in my left eye boxing and can’t see fuck all from it.
Jeez. Similar issue to me.
Detached retinas are no joke.
I can relate to him trying to hide it from pre-fight doctors during the physical. I also did before my last fight.
It's more stressful than the fight itself (not knowing if you'll be cleared) and actually gives me a whole other respect for Mike.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I'm nearly blind as well, but that is just from being the product of incest.

M

member 603

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
What's up you trolling pussy? Two of your other bullshit threads people have called you out to back up your claims, why don't you stop being a bitch and go man up and admit you're a fucking fraud instead of shit posting more in this forum. You got time to post more bullshit, but not time to answer Splinty @Splinty or anyone else?
he's dead, you can stop kicking him now