Rogan: It’s ‘f—ked up’ that McGregor’s getting special treatment

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

When he first heard about Conor McGregor’s bus attack at the UFC 223 media day, UFC president Dana White described the incident as “criminal, disgusting, and despicable.” But after supposedly having a talk with his most prized fighter today, White was suddenly willing to let bygones be bygones, since “there’s a lot worse that goes on in all the other sports.”

It does not seem like the UFC would be slapping a punishment on McGregor for his actions in Brooklyn two weeks ago, and for long-time analyst Joe Rogan, it can be a problem.

“Switch it around; imagine if Ray Borg threw that dolly and Conor were inside. He’d be gone, his career would be over,” Rogan told …

Joe Rogan: One of the f—ked up things is you know Conor McGregor is getting special treatment

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Rogan is talking about it like it's a surprise, though. The big players always get preferential treatment, it's like that everywhere in life. What is Dana going to do? Not work with his biggest draw anymore? Those with clout use it.

M

member 3289

"It's fucked up that the CEO is getting special treatment. What if it was the janitor who showed up drunk and puked on the CEO, instead of vice versa?"
I like this game.

"It's fucked up that HBO is letting Game of Thrones spend $20 million on each episode. What if the Larry David show demanded that much?"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
You think any of the other commentators would have a job if they said all the shit that Rogan does on his podcast? They'd be gone, their career's would be over.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Rogan is correct but that's how every business operates. Rogan himself has gotten preferential treatment from the UFC. Besides..he believes in open borders. Idiot.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The UFC is still a business and Conor's probably the biggest cash draw they've had since his bus antics. Call it hypocrisy or whatever, so long as he doesn't juice I'd like to see him back again. I'll have to stay at home to watch it though, fuck knows how terrible the "fan" twats would be watching that.

Dirty Harry Potter

The smartass formerly known as Geezer
Apr 5, 2018
UFC is a business and Connor is its best selling product.
True, unfortunately. Old man voice) Back in my day things were what they were because they were what they were!

Which means that people liked sports mainly for the content of the actual sporting event, and not all the
superfluous- bullspit contrived-drama that goes on today. But it's all about making money, and you have
to get people's attention to do that. Dana has learned fro pro Rasslin' , and that's just the way it is.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Maybe it's just that there's something to the "dana was in on it but it went too far" rumor and now that Conor has agreed not to throw Dana under the bus, or through a window I should say, Dana doesn't have to pretend Conor is off his rocker anymore.

Or maybe that's just a crazy conspiracy theory, idk. Maybe.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The UFC doesn't really have any legitimacy integrity-wise to save.
It's not like they're just getting sanctioned; they're already in the building where everyone's souls are up for sale.
Of course Rogan's right. Had Ray put shards in Conor's eye he'd have the IRA on him and America against him.
This is terrible for the mma, but in a company where one hand washes the other.
OJ murdered people and walked for heaven's sake.
$$$

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
its as messed up as the numerous avatars of the mugshot of a guy who stole thunder from and ruined a UFC event that tens of thousands of people planned their schedules around

Look at the image in First post...is that really what we want fighters to start acting like?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
True, unfortunately. Old man voice) Back in my day things were what they were because they were what they were!

Which means that people liked sports mainly for the content of the actual sporting event, and not all the
superfluous- bullspit contrived-drama that goes on today. But it's all about making money, and you have
to get people's attention to do that. Dana has learned fro pro Rasslin' , and that's just the way it is.
I hear you, but Prize Fighting was that way long before DW & UFC.
Ali stole from Blassie & Gorgeous George & said inciting comments to build up fights & publicity & it worked.
George Foreman was the strong silent type & when he came back to Boxing, he realized he could make more money being entertaining in his promos.
Larry Holmes was the biggest HW in-between the Ali & Tyson eras & was not a trash talker & boxing interest dwindled.

Dana didn't learn from wrestling, he learned from Boxing.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
The UFC has always protected their stars... A lot have forgotten things that have happened.. Pepperidge Farm remembers... Hughes, BJ penn....

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
The UFC has always protected their stars... A lot have forgotten things that have happened.. Pepperidge Farm remembers... Hughes, BJ penn....
Look at how Dana & Fertittas supported Rampage when he went on his driving spree that almost killed people.

I agree its F'd up, but Hollywood protects its money earners, every business does.
It comes down to ...
Is it worth the hassle?

Conor fighting again = worth it
A Ray Borg type = Notsomuch

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yet he has no problem with Jones getting special treatment, in fact, he keeps defending Jones.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
"It's fucked up that the CEO is getting special treatment. What if it was the janitor who showed up drunk and puked on the CEO, instead of vice versa?"
what CEO? does Conor writes his own check? I know it's part of the game but Conor does get special treatment for sure.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I like this game.

"It's fucked up that HBO is letting Game of Thrones spend $20 million on each episode. What if the Larry David show demanded that much?"
depends how you apply it.

"It's fucked up a president of the United States spends trillions of dollars on War, killing a massive amount of people as collateral damage, create chaos in the region for another terrorist groups like the ISIS forms. What if a not as popular rogue generals pulled that shit??"

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Yet he has no problem with Jones getting special treatment, in fact, he keeps defending Jones.
this for sure but to be fair, when prior incidents happened, Rogan does talk shit a lot.

but when it comes to Jones's recent debacle, Rogan is all over his nuts!

M

member 3289

depends how you apply it.

"It's fucked up a president of the United States spends trillions of dollars on War, killing a massive amount of people as collateral damage, create chaos in the region for another terrorist groups like the ISIS forms. What if a not as popular rogue generals pulled that shit??"