Rogan's commentary during Khabib/Al was maybe his worse performance ever

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Not sure if Rogan on purpose was trolling to keep the Conor and Ferg backers talking, or if he really believed his shit but that was as bad as I have ever seen Rogan call a fight. Sadly, how a commentator calls a fight seems to influence so many people.

Rogan and Jimmy Smith are the 2 best commentators in this sport but being human they will mess up sometimes.

Styles make fights, Conor is a better pure striker than Al, but he has no where near the wrestling level Al does, is not as tough as Al, and I doubt Conor posses the chin AL does either.

Khabib whitewashed Al, won every single round, Al has fought Kevin Lee, Masvidal,Chiesa, Lauson, no one ever has dominated Al like this.

Khabib was not showing amazing striking, but you can see his striking is improving, his jab was pretty fucking good and he was other stuff on the feet too, after the first 2 rounds you could tell Khabib takes down Al whenever he wants, even while standing with Al a lot for rounds 3 to 5, he still handily won all those rounds and Al an strike.

It was clear he was on purpose standing with Al, maybe he wanted to test out his standup, prove a point, not sure but he still beat the guy every single round.

Yet you got Rogan saying how Ferg and Conor should better about their chances, Al showed some holes, lol what?

If anything this is worse for Conor and Ferg because Khabib can toy wtih these guys, he takes them down at all, remember he chose to stand with Al and toy with him, Conor does not have good TDD, Khabib will just take Conor down and brutalize him.

Ferg has a better chance, but Khabib's grappling is maybe the best in MMA bar none, that rubber guard ain't gonna work against him, and a lot of the crazy stuff Ferg does on the feet is risky to do against Khabib beause of Khabib's grappling.

Even though people won't admit it, I can see already some of the "fans" getting their analysis based on how Rogan called the fight. Rogan is a great commentator, but this was the worst I have ever seen. He took a shit on a guy having a dominant performance, notice how Jimmy Smith was making sure to not join in with Rogan, nor was even Anik during the stupid talk Rogan was doing.

If you saw what Khabib did to Al and you think that means Fergu or Conor should feel good you are funny to be polite.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Didn't read as it was over 2 paragraphs, but based on the title I agree. I told my fellow viewers to ignore Rogan last night .he was spouting utter nonsense

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Didn't read as it was over 2 paragraphs, but based on the title I agree. I told my fellow viewers to ignore Rogan last night .he was spouting utter nonsense

You should read, it is suspenseful and informative what I wrote, I bring it

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
Just rewatched the fight and Joe was fuckin terrible.

At one point he points out that Khabib was completely dominating Al on the feet but he didn't look good at all. His next sentence was how dangerous Al is on his feet.

When Joe is bad, he's fucking terrible. And it seems like so many peoples impression of the fight are colored by Joe's commentary.

You think he would have worked this shit out by now. Awful.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Just rewatched the fight and Joe was fuckin terrible.

At one point he points out that Khabib was completely dominating Al on the feet but he didn't look good at all. His next sentence was how dangerous Al is on his feet.

When Joe is bad, he's fucking terrible. And it seems like so many peoples impression of the fight are colored by Joe's commentary.

You think he would have worked this shit out by now. Awful.
When he’s gone you’ll all be sorry

I think what Joe saw were some bad fundamentals with regard to Khabib's posture and movement and was unable to separate those things from the rest of the action.
To be fair to AI, the man had very little time to prepare and so perhaps given that situation KN was expected to make short work of him.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I posted the compilation of jabs in another thread somewhere...Khabib was obviously enjoying working out that jab, it was pretty brutal and his jab was snappy with pop

Joe just lets his predictions and hype pieces affect his commentary some fights...he wanted a smashing on the mat and khabib just did something else