General Roger Waters tells Zuckerburg to fuck off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I confused him for this guy for a second

zuckerberg is the only guy to make jesse Eisenberg look less aspergers

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Roger Waters is beloved for his brilliant work on Pink Floyd's greatest albums. John Water's greatest work was his brilliant movie named Pink Flamingos staring a bombastic fat drag queen that terrorizes a bunch of douche bags and eats dog shit. Epic.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
big zuckerborg fan are you?
No.

But I once paid $NZ125 for a good ticket to see Roger Waters play Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety.

It was Iraq War era.

He spent more than half an hour whining about how Islam is great, Dubya is evil and the Iraq War is a crime against humanity. And then returned to that theme repeatedly during the concert.

Great.

1) You aren't in America, you are in New Zealand. Not a single person in the audience that you are whining to, cast a vote for Bush. Further than that, W's policy platforms are FAR too right-wing for NZ. Our Conservative leaders are pretty much as liberal as the Democrats are - no political party in NZ runs on taking away universal healthcare.

2) Not only that, but unlike Water's home nation, New Zealand didn't even SEND combat troops to Iraq. The NZ government officially condemned the invasion, at significant cost to our diplomatic relations with the US.

3) Oh I'm sorry, did I pay $125 for a ticket to a Chomsky lecture? Nope. Play the fucking album like you advertised, and for Christ's sakes, don't stop every two songs to whine about what a leader that neither the performer nor anyone in the audience can or has ever cast a vote for or against, is doing.

??

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Huge fan of Pink Floyd. Not a fan of Roger Waters ultra liberal ass, but can appreciate him telling the alien child to go fuck himself.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I hear you about the preaching stuff. Pretty old-- rather just hear the tunes, I get it, but I saw 2 Pink Floyd shows w/o Waters and they didn't have any edge whatsoever, just a "trippy" schtick for people to get off on. I'm glad I went, but w/o Waters they're kinda just going thru the motions. In the same sense I agree with them that he's an arrogant single minded prick.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I hear you about the preaching stuff. Pretty old-- rather just hear the tunes, I get it, but I saw 2 Pink Floyd shows w/o Waters and they didn't have any edge whatsoever, just a "trippy" schtick for people to get off on. I'm glad I went, but w/o Waters they're kinda just going thru the motions. In the same sense I agree with them that he's an arrogant single minded prick.
Yeah I hear you, but look - if you're going to buy a ticket for Springsteen then you're gonna get a bunch of personal stories, and if you buy a ticket for Roger Waters then you're going to get a bunch of leftist whines from a guy who doesn't remember what it's like to not be a spoiled, globe-trotting multimillionaire.

But after a certain point, it's just...... for Christ's sakes, play the fucking songs that we paid to hear. You could have played Run Like Hell and a stadium full of people would have loved it, but instead you spent six minutes whining about a politician from three continents away who would be absolutely unelectable here, while the audience audibly got more restless and dissatisfied by the minute.

I mean, I get that he's played these songs a million times before, for most of his life, and he's played massive concerts and iconic venues, and he's not excited about this gig. That's fine. But he's rich as fuck. He can do whatever he wants every day for the rest of his life. Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to fly to New Zealand and phone in a concert for tens of thousands of people who collectively paid a lot of good money to be there, and many of them saved up for it and this is their one and only chance to hear these songs played by the rock legend who wrote them. To me, that's just a selfish, spoiled cunt. Never been a fan of him after that day.

I mean if you're gonna burn half the concert with meandering stories, at least tell us about the making of the album or something, ffs.

??

Last edited:

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Metallica was the exact opposite. Seen them 3x in NZ, every time they were in their mid-40s to mid-50s, and they went HARD every time. They made a LOT of noise, played to the crowd, played all the hits and seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves. And the crowd fucking loved them. I mean, the first time I saw them they finished the set, then came back for an encore. Which was:

Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Battery
One (with surprise fireworks show)

FFS. Awesome. The crowd was buzzing on the way out.

But there was a real sense of mass dissatisfaction walking out of the Roger Waters concert. Unfortunate, because I liked his work quite a lot before that.

??

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
So now the obvious game to play is what song will be selected to promote Instagram in this film?

Freeze Frame by J Geils?

Photograph by Def Leppard?

Kodachrome by Paul Simon? Might be some copyright issues there.

Or maybe even a little Nickelback...