ROH wants Punk at MSG show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
But so far he looks like he is not interested

But ...

With ALL-IN being held in Chicago, maybe that could set it up

Also Punk helping sell out MSG against NXT has to be an idea he loves

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Punk always comes off as a good dude. Cool guy that is strong in his opinions. I wish him the best and would like to see him return to wrestling. But. He as AJ Lee. I'm not worried about him. He's more than fine.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I was away from wrestling for the Punk era but I've always heard good things about him.

He and AJ are set to star in the horror remake of Rabid.

Between that, his mma career and his comic book writing for Marvel, he seems to be doing okay for himself outside of the squared circle.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
The HonorClub presale for ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard tickets began today ahead of April’s show at Madison Square Garden. ROH COO Joe Koff issued a statement to Post Wrestling and noted that 60 percent of the tickets have already been sold: “We are currently 60% sold with general public for sale on Friday!" That general public sale will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern on Friday.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
The HonorClub presale for ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard tickets began today ahead of April’s show at Madison Square Garden. ROH COO Joe Koff issued a statement to Post Wrestling and noted that 60 percent of the tickets have already been sold: “We are currently 60% sold with general public for sale on Friday!" That general public sale will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern on Friday.
Wow. I don't think ROH needs NJPW, or viceaversa. But both of these companies working together is pure gold.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Meltzer:

This will become the first pro wrestling event ever held in North America to do a $1 million gate that wasn’t promoted by Vince McMahon. The current record for the largest gate for a North American pro wrestling event not promoted by Vince McMahon is $930,735, for the January 4, 1999, Nitro at the Georgia Dome. While inflation of ticket prices makes comparisons unfair, there is also a gigantic difference in exposure of WCW in 1999, with names like Hulk Hogan, Bill Goldberg and Kevin Nash as the top drawing stars and a show where the only three names advertised are Tetsuya Naito, Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi.

If it does sell out, and that would appear to be a given at this point, it would be the first pro wrestling show to sell out MSG since an October 3, 2015 show promoted around Brock Lesnar’s return to wrestle in the building. Prior to that, WWE’s last sellout was December 27, 2012, which was a live Raw show.

The most recent show, on 7/7, built around Ronda Rousey’s debut in the building and Undertaker’s first match in MSG in eight years, drew 13,000 fans.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'd love to know just how hard WWE is trying to sign some indie guys to steal them from this show.

What kind of deals are they offering?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
ROH & NJPW G1 Supercard sells out Madison Square Garden

The April 6, 2019 Ring of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Supercard event not only sold out Madison Square Garden, but was among the quickest sellouts for a pro wrestling event in the history of the building.

The official time of the sellout was between 13 and 16 minutes after tickets went on sale to the public this morning. Most of the tickets were sold in pre-sales on Wednesday and Thursday.

The capacity of 15,000 was less than the 20,000 that had been used before the days of staging for big wrestling events in the days of Bruno Sammartino and even Hulk Hogan, but even in those days, tickets rarely sold out more than a week in advance, and even then only for the biggest cards. No MSG wrestling show has ever sold out nearly eight months in advance and with no matches announced.

The last pro wrestling sellout in MSG was in 2015, and it has sold out seven times in the last decade for pro wrestling.

-

& ... Vince go insane

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

The April 6, 2019 Ring of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Supercard event not only sold out Madison Square Garden, but was among the quickest sellouts for a pro wrestling event in the history of the building.

The official time of the sellout was between 13 and 16 minutes after tickets went on sale to the public this morning. Most of the tickets were sold in pre-sales on Wednesday and Thursday.

The capacity of 15,000 was less than the 20,000 that had been used before the days of staging for big wrestling events in the days of Bruno Sammartino and even Hulk Hogan, but even in those days, tickets rarely sold out more than a week in advance, and even then only for the biggest cards. No MSG wrestling show has ever sold out nearly eight months in advance and with no matches announced.

The last pro wrestling sellout in MSG was in 2015, and it has sold out seven times in the last decade for pro wrestling.

-

& ... Vince go insane

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

-

& ... Vince go insane