Lifestyle Ron DeSantis has officially had enough of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
This is a better scenario for the GOP than their worst fears, namely a splintered party. If we go state by state, however, with polling from most states, Republicans overwhelmingly still back the populist wing. Even look at the creator of this thread who's from a deep red state and is already transferring his allegiance from Trump to someone like him. The base has moved and the party machine still can't quite get its language right. I also expect the populist wing to be galvanized by the midterms where they'll attempt to primary several establishment republicans. The Democratic party faces a similar threat from its progressive wing, but that wing isn't as well organized and is only likely to pick off a couple seats at best, especially as the centrist wing closes ranks around Biden's agenda. This faction of the GOP, conversely, has been organizing since at least 2009 if we genealogize the MAGA movement back to the rise of the tea party and incorporation of nationalists of various stripes to displace evangelicals and neocons as the dominant wing. Cheney may be in a fight in Wyoming just to keep her seat now that the party leadership has publicly turned against her. Her name, like Jeb and Hillary, carries a lot of baggage for the MAGA crowd, who seem to hate the neocons as much as they hate any democrat. Romney also seems deeply unpopular with everyone. It will likely be a crowded field in '24. A lot also depends on whether Biden actually bothers to run again, despite saying he would. A Harris candidacy will likely throw a lot more hats in the ring and could give the establishment republicans an opening to field a Cheney or someone similar.
i don't think the base has actually turned...I just think that there's a social media savvy wing of the Republican party that is appealing to disenfranchised conservatives. Most of those types are xenophobic/nationalist/BigFedGov folks who identify as "Not Liberal".

the challenge for the QAnon Republicans is going to be turning those likes, subscribes, and direct donations in to Votes. It's going to be really hard with disenfranchised voters who you've sold on rigged elections...especially election after election. I can see the MSM going full-throated with the fear-mongering towards these Republicans, which can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Good time to be a life-long libertarian.

:)

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i don't think the base has actually turned...I just think that there's a social media savvy wing of the Republican party that is appealing to disenfranchised conservatives. Most of those types are xenophobic/nationalist/BigFedGov folks who identify as "Not Liberal".

the challenge for the QAnon Republicans is going to be turning those likes, subscribes, and direct donations in to Votes. It's going to be really hard with disenfranchised voters who you've sold on rigged elections...especially election after election. I can see the MSM going full-throated with the fear-mongering towards these Republicans, which can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Good time to be a life-long libertarian.

:)
How do you feel about Dave Smith running for the LP?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i think he's a much better spokesperson for Liberty than he is a political candidate, especially in an environment of Identity First politics.
The caucus he's a member of does a very good job of addressing identity first politics. I think it would be great for western democracy to see him run for president resdient just in the interest of creating an honest dialogue. At least you know he won't be teleprompter dependent.