Lifestyle Ron DeSantis has officially had enough of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’m not gonna get the vaccine because I’ve been proven too strong for covid and therefore I can’t pass it on. And I’m scared of needles.
you'll get Full Credit (tm) for the Lars Variant

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Public health is a single component. Treating it as a public health issue alone is what's lead to the catastrophe we now find ourselves in.
no.

no one treated this like a public health emergency. They closed school for two weeks and printed money for their friends. They cranked up cycle counts on PCR to skew public opinion in advance of an election (and cranked it down after inauguration), they said not to wear masks for bullshit reasons because they didn't want accountability, they refuse to give an honest investigation in to the origins of the virus...

NOTHING about the lockdowns or messaging has been about public health, it's all been about political opportunism.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
true - but there is no actual research that indicates the virus doesn't spread outdoors - day or night - so we should Follow The Science.
encourage people who are vaccinated to gather in smallish groups, wear masks if they're going to be close together for more than 15m.
Why am I not surprised that in a post that uses the term "Follow the science" unironically that there's a statement not supported by science?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Why am I not surprised that in a post that uses the term "Follow the science" unironically that there's a statement not supported by science?
what in that post is not supported by science? the 15m in groups?

it's called the Precautionary Principle - it's big in science.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
no.

no one treated this like a public health emergency. They closed school for two weeks and printed money for their friends. They cranked up cycle counts on PCR to skew public opinion in advance of an election (and cranked it down after inauguration), they said not to wear masks for bullshit reasons because they didn't want accountability, they refuse to give an honest investigation in to the origins of the virus...

NOTHING about the lockdowns or messaging has been about public health, it's all been about political opportunism.
Whether public health officials are right or wrong. When they're making declarations it is most certainly as a "public health" policy. They also made no qualms while making these statements about it being "necessary to save lives" regardless of other effects. One journalist hrre coined the term "Doctatorship".

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Whether public health officials are right or wrong. When they're making declarations it is most certainly as a "public health" policy. They also made no qualms while making these statements about it being "necessary to save lives" regardless of other effects. One journalist hrre coined the term "Doctatorship".
Helmsan Fauci gave us this pandemic, either by directly involvement in its origins or in its propagation. We shouldn't need the gov't to tell us what to do - I'd be happy if they'd stop spreading lies in the name of self-preservation or advancement.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i think what @kneeblock is pointing out is that if we had handled this like a public health emergency, instead of like a good excuse to transfer wealth vertically, no one would have missed a year of pay or been forced to close a business. With the right incentives, high risk businesses would voluntarily close and still be able to reopen when responsible.

And don't get me started on how we had the vaccine in February of last year...We could have been at 70% vaccinated by Labor Day for a fraction of $9T...let's not pretend it had to be this way.
I like kneeblock and I like you

I disagree with the 70% number as a metric, and also with the lockdowns in general

I strongly disagree with the selfish and ignorant assumptions for those not chosing to have something injected into their bloodstream, that is chickenshit salad

Mishandling I can totally get down with

We will never know what could have been, we only know where we are now

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I tried to click this thinking it might be a link to a recipe. Disappointed.
not enough dark colors to change font to
I always end up on the two blues... good for fake links and also for fake SN tagging

?@Stephen Quadros Get in here you bad mofo tell us about that time you tuned up Rogan in a vegas bathroom and he got black eyes from that urinal

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Helmsan Fauci gave us this pandemic, either by directly involvement in its origins or in its propagation. We shouldn't need the gov't to tell us what to do - I'd be happy if they'd stop spreading lies in the name of self-preservation or advancement.
I don't disagree with any of the above, doesn't change the reality of the situation though. There's also the elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss which is that the scientific communities behavior has been abhorrent for the duration of the pandemic.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't disagree with any of the above, doesn't change the reality of the situation though. There's also the elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss which is that the scientific communities behavior has been abhorrent for the duration of the pandemic.
who is "the scientific community"?

you know Fauci isn't a scientiest, right?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I like kneeblock and I like you

I disagree with the 70% number as a metric, and also with the lockdowns in general

I strongly disagree with the selfish and ignorant assumptions for those not chosing to have something injected into their bloodstream, that is chickenshit salad

Mishandling I can totally get down with

We will never know what could have been, we only know where we are now
mandated lockdowns will never work. I was just using the 70% because it was the number on the table. What do you think is the real number?

I'm not saying ignorant or selfish people, I'm saying that their basis for refusing the vaccine is based in ignorance/self-interest, and not in rational risk assessment and/or self-awareness.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm not saying ignorant or selfish people, I'm saying that their basis for refusing the vaccine is based in ignorance/self-interest, and not in rational risk assessment and/or self-awareness.
It depends on which vaccine you're referring to.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Take your pick.

By what metric is an immunologist mot a scientist?
there are plenty of people in the scientific community who have been calling this exactly right.
Stop listening to the POLITICIANS like "Dr" Anthony Fauci. Those guys aren't scientists. You don't ascend to the top of the political architecture of scientific funding by being a scientist.

Fauci is good at getting money for research. Period. He's a politician who wears a lab coat for photo ops. Same with the clowns running the WHO/CDC/NIH. Those are political organizations, not research institutes.

And there have been plenty of outliers who have pushed bullshit research, especially early in the pandemic when there was money to be made by publishing 'research' that fit the gov't narrative. But those were called out fast, like the fake UCLA and Stanford 'studies', or those dipshit doctors in NoCal, or that "plandemic" moron. The issue is that politicians are cherry-picking what the media puts out, and most people aren't in the business of research - so it all looks the same to them.

The 'scientific community' has been stellar, the politicians and their cronies in the media are who's fucking you.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
there are plenty of people in the scientific community who have been calling this exactly right.
Stop listening to the POLITICIANS like "Dr" Anthony Fauci. Those guys aren't scientists. You don't ascend to the top of the political architecture of scientific funding by being a scientist.

Fauci is good at getting money for research. Period. He's a politician who wears a lab coat for photo ops. Same with the clowns running the WHO/CDC/NIH. Those are political organizations, not research institutes.

And there have been plenty of outliers who have pushed bullshit research, especially early in the pandemic when there was money to be made by publishing 'research' that fit the gov't narrative. But those were called out fast, like the fake UCLA and Stanford 'studies', or those dipshit doctors in NoCal, or that "plandemic" moron. The issue is that politicians are cherry-picking what the media puts out, and most people aren't in the business of research - so it all looks the same to them.

The 'scientific community' has been stellar, the politicians and their cronies in the media are who's fucking you.
Scientists are awesome

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

This is where you'd respond by saying "ad hominem" and "Real Scotsman" fallacy.