Lifestyle Ron DeSantis has officially had enough of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
yes, and none of those side-effects remotely compare to the risk of COVID or health system burdening that SARS-COV2 does.
Not everyone will get covid, but everyone who gets vaccinated incurs the risks associated with taking the vaccine. The mRNA vaccines don't carry the same risk that the viral vector vaccines do.

M

member 3289

My god these two idiots are still shitting up threads with their multi-page arguments that no one else reads?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not everyone will get covid, but everyone who gets vaccinated incurs the risks associated with taking the vaccine. The mRNA vaccines don't carry the same risk that the viral vector vaccines do.
everyone will get SARS-COV2, everyone will be a host for a mutation of a highly-adaptive virus.
this is a virus that takes over human cells and modifies their genetic coding.

We shouldn't be fucking around with it like it's the flu and only sick or elderly people are at risk.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
My god these two idiots are still shitting up threads with their multi-page arguments that no one else reads?
is anyone surprised that he/she doesn't know what a grown-up conversation looks like?

FWIW BeardOfKnowledge @JorgeMasvidalsBeard, i think the conversation is productive and you're good people.

canookery notwithstanding.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
everyone will get SARS-COV2, everyone will be a host for a mutation of a highly-adaptive virus.
this is a virus that takes over human cells and modifies their genetic coding.

We shouldn't be fucking around with it like it's the flu and only sick or elderly people are at risk.
You're conflating my pointing out that all vaccines aren't equal with saying people shouldn't get vaccinated.

I also dont like your flu analogy. The flu wrecks hours on kids. We should be extremely grateful that covid has thus far spared us that fate.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You're conflating my pointing out that all vaccines aren't equal with saying people shouldn't get vaccinated.

I also dont like your flu analogy. The flu wrecks hours on kids. We should be extremely grateful that covid has thus far spared us that fate.
i get you about all vaccines not equal, but it's a very very minor variance in risk when compared to the risks of not vaccinating.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i get you about all vaccines not equal, but it's a very very minor variance in risk when compared to the risks of not vaccinating.
Not when you have multiple vaccines available to you.

You're also kind of ignoring that there's no way to verify that claim you're making.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not when you have multiple vaccines available to you.

You're also kind of ignoring that there's no way to verify that claim you're making.
which claim? if you're talking about the downside of not vaccinating, there's plenty of evidence that what I'm saying is a real possibility.

i'm looking at you, India.

if you have multiple vaccines, you should take the one that you think is lowest risk. That's a personal risk decision. The decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate is a public risk decision. Given adequate empathy and information, most people will do an excellent job of balancing the public and personal risks.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
which claim? if you're talking about the downside of not vaccinating, there's plenty of evidence that what I'm saying is a real possibility.
Evidence that it's a possibility is very different from stating something matter of factly as you did in the above quoted post. The reality is we have no idea what the long term effects are of covid or the vaccine that we've had even less experience with. Its disingenuous for people to be ignoring either of those realities.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Evidence that it's a possibility is very different from stating something matter of factly as you did in the above quoted post. The reality is we have no idea what the long term effects are of covid or the vaccine that we've had even less experience with. Its disingenuous for people to be ignoring either of those realities.
show me the evidence that it's a minimal risk. Because there's plenty of evidence that the risk is large. If we could say things definitely, there wouldn't be a discussion to be had - everyone would agree on the relevance of the competing evidence and come to a consensus.

But we're looking over the horizon. We have to look at all those big black clouds just like the ones that wrecked shop on the world in previous pandemics, look at the indications that this is uniquely bad, and chart our course accordingly.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
show me the evidence that it's a minimal risk. Because there's plenty of evidence that the risk is large. If we could say things definitely, there wouldn't be a discussion to be had - everyone would agree on the relevance of the competing evidence and come to a consensus.

But we're looking over the horizon. We have to look at all those big black clouds just like the ones that wrecked shop on the world in previous pandemics, look at the indications that this is uniquely bad, and chart our course accordingly.
I don't disagree with any of what you're saying here. I also never said anything about minimal risk.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't disagree with any of what you're saying here. I also never said anything about minimal risk.
gotcha, didn't mean to overstate your opposition. :)

but when you have a lethal, highly-contagious virus with the propensity for mutating the "worst-case probable" is really bad.

thanks for being.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
gotcha, didn't mean to overstate your opposition. :)

but when you have a lethal, highly-contagious virus with the propensity for mutating the "worst-case probable" is really bad.

thanks for being.
I'm not sure we really know that its mutating for worst case probable. I read the data almost every day. The variants are absolutely much more contagious but our daily death count remains fairly static.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
mandated lockdowns will never work. I was just using the 70% because it was the number on the table. What do you think is the real number?

I'm not saying ignorant or selfish people, I'm saying that their basis for refusing the vaccine is based in ignorance/self-interest, and not in rational risk assessment and/or self-awareness.
I think the real number not a metric that should be used for re opening.

The real number in US is simply how many choose to take it.

I read it is in the 32-35% area and slowing down, the number is what it is.

Of course Pfizer and others are running a massive ad campaign thru media and commercials to convince/guilt the remaining 60-70% that they need to get it. I read that the ad campaign has far eclipsed the safety/efficacy research at this point.

I 100% respect everybody's choice to take or not take "it", regardless of "science/data" or effects on their communities.

This isn't just gonna be a single two dose vaccination, this will be yearly or bi yearly indefinitely(big business baby). Many people are not interested in that one bit.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Real question is when is he gonna run for President

I hadn't heard of him until a few months back and now he is on the radar

Does he have a shady past? skeletons in the closet?