Lifestyle Ron DeSantis has officially had enough of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Ron is the man

Florida has been running smooth. Cry about this and that but covid isnt an issue down here atleast in my day to day. People are living free and teachers are teaching. It's almost back to normal while other parts of the country are still living in fear and denial. I would hate to be a small buisness owner in some facist state

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I think the real number not a metric that should be used for re opening.

The real number in US is simply how many choose to take it.

I read it is in the 32-35% area and slowing down, the number is what it is.

Of course Pfizer and others are running a massive ad campaign thru media and commercials to convince/guilt the remaining 60-70% that they need to get it. I read that the ad campaign has far eclipsed the safety/efficacy research at this point.

I 100% respect everybody's choice to take or not take "it", regardless of "science/data" or effects on their communities.

This isn't just gonna be a single two dose vaccination, this will be yearly or bi yearly indefinitely(big business baby). Many people are not interested in that one bit.
Out of curiosity. If hypothetically you chose not to receive the vaccine, and then came down with a severe case of covid. Would you be okay with doctor's refusing you treatment?

Nov 21, 2015
Splinty @Splinty
As someone who got the shot
And now that the shot is available for walk up in California. Why should I give a shit if other people get it or not? Am I not vaccinated?
Good Me:
Because empathy, compassion and care of others
is the glue that holds our social construct together

Without it...none of this shit works.

Bad Me:
Yep fuck'em, I'm good too

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Out of curiosity. If hypothetically you chose not to receive the vaccine, and then came down with a severe case of covid. Would you be okay with doctor's refusing you treatment?
Plenty of people are rooting for exactly that for those that don't get vaccinated.
Sad truth.

Hospitals are at normal ICU capacity in nearly all locations, let us not pretend otherwise.

The answer is Yes for me, I would find it unethical for other people though unless the ICU was maxed out and there were literally bodies in the streets.

If you think people should be forced to be vaccinated or be refused medical treatment if they are sick and weren't vaccinated then we have completely different outlooks on life and what living means.

Guilting people into being vaccinated is some really sad shit IMO...not accusing you but that is a narrative right now that I hope you can clearly see.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm down with De Santis personally on this covid stuff, that is the main point of this thread from me.
NO vaccine passport
NO restrictions

Do you think DeSantis is fucking up as a leader?

Would you like to live under his level of restrictions?

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
maybe poor choice of words
switch for unnecessary if you want
I understand what you're saying, but I'd think that if individual's are going to exercise their freedom to not receive vaccinations that physicians should also be able to exercise their freedom to treat whom they want to.

Do you think DeSantis is fucking up as a leader?
That's really difficult to say. The goalposts have been moved so many times that it's hard to say one way or the other if someone has done a good job. The statistics are constantly being fucked with.

Would you like to live under his level of restrictions?
You're God damn right.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I understand what you're saying, but I'd think that if individual's are going to exercise their freedom to not receive vaccinations that physicians should also be able to exercise their freedom to treat whom they want to.
This Becomes an interesting situation
No cancer surgery for smokers?
shot in gang violence no treatment?
overweight turned away
Splinty @Splinty refusing republicans treatment?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
overweight turned away
I'm not advocating for any of those things (or refusing covid treatment to anti-vaxxers) but they're definitely on the table when people start refusing vaccines based on exercising their freedoms.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
overweight turned away
Given that I've voted Republican more than I've voted Democrat that's a weird standard.

Anyways, it's an interesting conversation.
EMTALA means that you have a legal right to emergency and pregnancy care regardless of ability to pay.
License and oath, I provide equivalent care to all patients. Sometimes I don't care for the person's personality, but I'm not going to deny them care or do less of a job getting them fixed up. Sometimes that's enough to change the relationship on its own.

There is no significant voice inside the physician industry that supports such a move.
On the other hand, policy makers in other nationalized countries do regularly discuss how to penalize users of the healthcare system. But mostly those are targeted at the product level like smoking or sugar drinks taxes. Not necessarily the individual themselves.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
overweight turned away
Might I also expand and say that none of those are particularly accurate comparisons to infectious disease policy.
A person that refuses vaccine isn't just like someone that refuses a seat belt or obese. They are endangering themselves more. They are costing the system more.
But a non vaccinated person represents a continued risk of increased disease spread and harm to those around them. That isn't reallyt true for the aforementioned. Maybe smoking and the restrictions on them being able to do so, but not around others in public is sort of a parallel. But even that's fraught with obvious differences.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Given that I've voted Republican more than I've voted Democrat that's a weird standard.

Anyways, it's an interesting conversation.
EMTALA means that you have a legal right to emergency and pregnancy care regardless of ability to pay.
License and oath, I provide equivalent care to all patients. Sometimes I don't care for the person's personality, but I'm not going to deny them care or do less of a job getting them fixed up. Sometimes that's enough to change the relationship on its own.

There is no significant voice inside the physician industry that supports such a move.
On the other hand, policy makers in other nationalized countries do regularly discuss how to penalize users of the healthcare system. But mostly those are targeted at the product level like smoking or sugar drinks taxes. Not necessarily the individual themselves.
Im joking
I don’t care who you vote for I know you’re a good man and professional.
Glad to hear no chatter about that discrimination.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Glad to hear no chatter about that discrimination.
Not on purpose anyways...

Doctors routinely under-appreciate the pain of black patients compared to others and as such treat their pain less :-X
It's a problem.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You’re never getting that money back whether you pay for them or pay for Trudeau’s Bollywood dancers
Splinty @Splinty brings up a point with guilt taxes, but those aren't specifically routed back into health care. They're intended to price people out of their sinful activities and in turn the government spends that money on coke and Bollywood dancers.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't think anybody owes me anything in life.
Doctors can do what they want IMO.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Oppressive post is oppressive

70% is unrealistic for easing or lightening restrictions, no reason to be stuck on that metric or percentage

States are open right now

Have you been forced to close a business?
Missed a year worth of Pay?
No but I've lost people to COVID.