Lifestyle Ron DeSantis has officially had enough of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
1620087135626.png

I'm living in the wrong state

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I thought you were moving?
Give it time, lets see how the cookie crumbles here

I have way too much shit going on here to be gone in a month...a year is more realistic

I said I am considering moving, and that remains accurate

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Give it time, lets see how the cookie crumbles here

I have way too much shit going on here to be gone in a month...a year is more realistic

I said I am considering moving, and that remains accurate
Considering?

I thought you had plans in action? Things changed?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Considering?

I thought you had plans in action? Things changed?
More like a short term plan...1-3 years
No destination picked or purchases made.

Nothing has changed, right now just working and making money and seeing how long Oregon wants to dick around with liberties and the economy.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He’s a great guy

I remember when people were bitching about unemployment checks due to the website and resources failing the “people” and he frustratingly said “show me who’s having a problem, bring one up here, I’m here”

He’s the best you could ask for and I’m proud to be a Florida resident due to him during this “pandemic”

M

member 1013

I tested negative

this literally means I am too strong for the disease

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He’s a great guy

I remember when people were bitching about unemployment checks due to the website and resources failing the “people” and he frustratingly said “show me who’s having a problem, bring one up here, I’m here”

He’s the best you could ask for and I’m proud to be a Florida resident due to him during this “pandemic”
why do you put pandemic in quotes?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
DeSanti isn't a good guy. He's misled people and is undoubtedly responsible for an unjustifiable number of unnecessary deaths. I agree with him completely about gov't not having authority to close businesses mandate behavior on private property, but he's also a scumbag and a liar. Some of the stuff he/his administration have done over the last year is appalling, and its all been done in the interest of political concerns over public health concerns.

I guess he doesn't see the hypocrisy in telling municipal and local gov't what they can and can't do, but doesn't want the FedGov telling him what he can and can't do. That's not principled small-gov't individual liberty lovin', that's just old-fashioned power-grabbin self-interest.
"They don't have the moral authority to dictate your associations in a pandemic. But I do."

but that's business-as-usual in politics, every calamity is an excuse to consolidate your power. It's the other stuff that's gross.

M

member 3289

Highest case numbers in the U.S. for over a week straight.

8.5% positivity rating on tests conducted. California is 0.9% (7-day average).

Lower vaccination than California or New York.

The majority of people who like to give him an e-bj don't live in Florida like OP.

He's a shit governor doing a shit job.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Highest case numbers in the U.S. for over a week straight.

8.5% positivity rating on tests conducted. California is 0.9% (7-day average).

Lower vaccination than California or New York.

The majority of people who like to give him an e-bj don't live in Florida like OP.

He's a shit governor doing a shit job.
Didn't Florida alter its numbers lower to meet their own reopening metrics?

why do you put pandemic in quotes?

virtue signaling.
We long left the discussion of reality and then debating what to do about it. Individuality vs public health and obligation, government's role in daily life, etc are all well seasoned and historical debates with merits on nearly all sides. There are pros and cons of various interventions or removal of interventions. Both harm and benefit will occur in both directions with a shift in who bears the burden.

But we aren't there. We are still arguing whether there's even a pandemic, whether 600,000 dead Americans is really a big deal, and crazy stuff like 5G Bill Gates microchips getting a seat at the adult table. We can't even get to the conversation about what to do about it because we can't agree on reality first.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

virtue signaling.
We long left the discussion of reality and then debating what to do about it. Individuality vs public health and obligation, government's role in daily life, etc are all well seasoned and historical debates with merits on nearly all sides. There are pros and cons of various interventions or removal of interventions. Both harm and benefit will occur in both directions with a shift in who bears the burden.

But we aren't there. We are still arguing whether there's even a pandemic, whether 600,000 dead Americans is really a big deal, and crazy stuff like 5G Bill Gates microchips getting a seat at the adult table. We can't even get to the conversation about what to do about it because we can't agree on reality first.
i'm sad that you're right, but encouraged by the fact that I'm not alone.

Thanks.

M

member 3289

We've been doing it from the beginning. The state releases a state report and a county report every day. Only the state report has the true positivity figure.

The county report lists % positive for new cases only, which of course skews the figure downward because it excludes all repeat positives, which makes zero sense because these cases are still active in the community.

The bottom (incorrect) figure is used to justify reopenings and used by the governor in speeches:

Screenshot_20210504-094449_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

We have no way to know the true positivity rate for each county.