Lifestyle Ron DeSantis has officially had enough of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Because that's not how public health works or one person getting a vaccine would end an entire disease with one shot.
So now we’re trying to make covid completely disappear? No more flattening the curve? How do you plan on forcing people to get the shot so I can take this dumb mask off?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
For perspective, Ontario (population of 14ish million) is under a "stay at home order", has been since April 8. The only thing allowed to be open are places that sell essentials. Restaurants can only do take out and delivery. Today was our first day with less than 3k (2800) cases since April 5.

So a couple things. 1) When someone tells you that cases go down when restrictions come in, they're making a long leap into the world of "Correlation equals causation" 2) I don't want to hear you bitch about those restrictions. I'd gladly stab someone to have those.
We had your exact restrictions about a year ago. I'm done with all of it.

30-something new cases out of 11 fucking million people? Give me a fucking break. It's reached the point of absurdity that we're still wearing masks.

I feel for ya man. That lockdown SUCKED. Although I never quit working so the traffic was awesome.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So now we’re trying to make covid completely disappear?
Covid will never disappear most likely. Once it's in the background noise it's unlikely to cause enough economic impact to be worth chasing the last cases like we do with polio eradication for instance.

How do you plan on forcing people to get the shot so I can take this dumb mask off?
I don't.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
So now we’re trying to make covid completely disappear? No more flattening the curve? How do you plan on forcing people to get the shot so I can take this dumb mask off?
Instead of a sweater with a red "A", we need to get one with a pink "V"

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's fine, show me that's what killed him.
No.

I am not trained to determine that, nor do I have access to his body, or the ingredients of whatever vaccine he had injected into his bloodstream.

Ever heard the saying "Too Big To Fail"?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Covid will never disappear most likely. Once it's in the background noise it's unlikely to cause enough economic impact to be worth chasing the last cases like we do with polio eradication for instance.

I don't.
How long should states and cities be closed down while we wait for people who won’t get the shot to get it?

If those in danger get it along with millions of others, why should they be held down of they’re now safe?

seems to me at some point we have to accept that some people will still get sick and die. And at this point that’s on them.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It took a long time, but we've finally arrived here.

Bravo, sticky this post.

I will add...
Even if I was trained in that field, it would not be wise for me to blame the vaccines directly for a death even if I determined them to be the cause...that is not a recipe for a long career. Speaking directly against the Vaccines is an easy way to face an absolute rath of shit from the most powerful industry around.

Just because you don't see it on MSM doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How long should states and cities be closed down while we wait for people who won’t get the shot to get it?

If those in danger get it along with millions of others, why should they be held down of they’re now safe?

seems to me at some point we have to accept that some people will still get sick and die. And at this point that’s on them.
Some people will get sick and die regardless of vaccines.
And if somebody gets sick and dies that received the vaccine it isn't just because some chose not to get it.

People get sick and die, that is life.

I agree lets get back to business, west coast is ridiculous with this shit.

Some areas may get to 60% or so vaccinated, it won't go much above that regardless of how much our governments leverage death over life.

We aren't even talking booster shots/variants/how long immunity lasts/etc...Defeating a coronavirus(which have always been a rapidly mutating virus) is a pipe dream, always has been.

Last edited: