Ronda and Cyborg

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
What are your thoughts?
Who do you think wins(at 145)

Do you blame one more than the other for the fight not happening?
Do you blame Dana?
Do you blame the timing/current situation with the sport?

Do you think they need to fight each other to solidify themselves as the absolute best woman fighter?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I've given this a lot of thought lately, and it's what you call a double edged sword.

On one hand, making a one off fight at 145 is dangerous for UFC if Cyborg was to win.
On the other hand, to make this fight happen, it might make sense to create a 145lb women's division. This would mean yet another small weight class division, and more no names on fight cards which may not be a good thing.

Sucks that this fight can't just be made. I don't want a 145lb division just so I can see one fight.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't know who wins but I think the fight needs to happen. After this fight, Ronda has no one else to fight. It would be the most important fight in the history of WMMA.

It's risky for the UFC to book it though. If Ronda wins they look like geniuses but if she loses, Cyborg just wrecked their wmma cash cow and they don't have a 145 lb division for her to compete in afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
D i read your Thread on the other site it was a great post with very insightful comments. Too bad you cant have a good discussion there but you should post the exact same thing here.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I think cyborg probably beats Ronda at 145 today, probably. A year ago I would have said it was a lock. Ronda is working hard and improving every day so her chances are definitely better today, imo. Cyborg is a monster. She is only 29 (had to look that up), but it seems like she has been around for 20 years. I wonder what kind of toll the training has taken on her body as well as the cycling on and off steroids. She may be starting her decline and Ronda is still getting better. The longer the fight gets puts off, the better Ronda's chances. If Ronda beats Cat, I think the ufc will have to make this fight happen. I don't think anyone wants to see Bethe before cyborg.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Tiiimmmaaayyy;n27229 said:
I think cyborg probably beats Ronda at 145 today, probably. A year ago I would have said it was a lock. Ronda is working hard and improving every day so her chances are definitely better today, imo. Cyborg is a monster. She is only 29 (had to look that up), but it seems like she has been around for 20 years. I wonder what kind of toll the training has taken on her body as well as the cycling on and off steroids. She may be starting her decline and Ronda is still getting better. The longer the fight gets puts off, the better Ronda's chances. If Ronda beats Cat, I think the ufc will have to make this fight happen. I don't think anyone wants to see Bethe before cyborg.

Cyborg has been around but never ever took a beating till she fought Joanna. Ronda is not as good as everyone thinks she is and i think that as soon as she feels the power of Cyborgs punch things will change very quickly. Ronda has been hit yes but never by someone like Cyborg. Ronda will not be able to ragdoll Cyborg and if she does i fully believe cyborg will power out of any of Rondas armbars. I could be very wrong but this is just how i see it.

TFK_likatiga

First 259
Feb 19, 2015
I think you nailed it in your thread on the other site. The UFC could really milk it. Do another TUF, build a 145 division around her & Cyborg. Ronda has as good a chance as any fighter to date to clean out two weight classes. If she wants to be the best when she retires, this is a perfect way to do it.

Of course, there's a chance she get's beaten by Cyborg, but Ronda has a champions heart, and should challenge herself accordingly.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
After Cyborg got popped for steroids she doesn't interest me anymore. Chances are shes changed her roids up to something else that tougher to detect. Hard to take a fighter seriously anymore once they've been caught cheating,

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Cyborg could have fought Ronda in the UFC. but listened to her manager Tito and left the UFC. Ronda doesn't want the fight either though, as if she wanted to test herself she could step up in weight.

As for who would win, at this point Ronda is better everywhere, but Cyborg on the juice is probably stronger. I think Ronda would engage her in a stand up fight and then once Cyborg gets caught up in a striking fight, she would get thrown or taken down. Once on the ground Ronda will get the tap eventually. Gina Carano had Cyborg mounted, once Ronda gets there she will finish her.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
lookoutawhale;n27257 said:
After Cyborg got popped for steroids she doesn't interest me anymore. Chances are shes changed her roids up to something else that tougher to detect. Hard to take a fighter seriously anymore once they've been caught cheating,

I dont really think that is fair but i do understand why people would feel that way.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think Ronda wins at any weight class. I also think Ronda should give in and fight her at 145. I just don't see Cyborg making 135 with or without roids. She's just built too big IMO.

A one off fight at 145 with no titles on the line is what I'd like to see happen.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I hate that this fight hasn't happened yet and each day I care less about it. Right now I don't have a solid prediction but I'd probably bet on Cyborg, not too much though. IMO Ronda probably thinks she can win but not confident enough to go on the record and say"Dana I need this fight so please do it at 135/145. I don't care I just want to put on a show". I'm sure we all know that if she was to say that then all the pressure is on the UFC. I think a year or two ago it would be Cyborg pounding a hole in RR face for a second round tko but now I don't know. I liked RR early on but just like Conor the crazy over the top UFC marketing machine has made always root against her. Not even her fault as she's an awesome fighter but ffs let me Decide how amazing and perfect she is in every imaginable way. The more Cyborg take to the fan base the more I like her, she just seems more genuine when she talks or at least more so than Ronda.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tiiimmmaaayyy;n27229 said:

Also agree with all this.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Pitbull3744;n27246 said:
I just dont see that happening against someone as elite as Cris.

Cyborgs biggest strength is Muay and she would be looking for the clinch which would play right into rondas biggest strength. Ronda throws dudes with ease. She would launch Cyborg on her head, and hard. Rousey hates Borg and would show no mercy. Rondas fought really elite,olympic level fighters. Im not impressed with Borgs resume.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I would say Cyborg's clinch game is good, but agree that it'd be a mistake to use it against someone like Ronda. I disagree in that I feel Cris' biggest strength is her Striking.

Both fighter's tenacity and toughness make this fight the most appealing to me, and I fully acknowledge they each have a great set of skills.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
hopefully Cat is able to land some clean shots on Ronda. Me seeing how her chin holds up and her reaction to her own blood will go along way in picking a fight against Cyborg. The lion fight lose showed me more about cyborg that all her wins. She has a tremendous chin and heart to fight on. Until I see Ronda deal with controversy I pick Cyborg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
A year ago, I would have said Cyborg wins. Today, I don't know which way I would go...what I do know is, the longer it takes, the better Ronda is getting.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

D241;n27204 said:
What are your thoughts?
Who do you think wins(at 145)

Do you blame one more than the other for the fight not happening?
Do you blame Dana?
Do you blame the timing/current situation with the sport?

Do you think they need to fight each other to solidify themselves as the absolute best woman fighter?
i totally blame cyborg, she is talking for about 3 years going down to 135, she even used the excuse she would die to get out of her UFC contract.
i do not blame UFC or Ronda, the div is 135, that's it