Ronda Rousey Opens Up About Loss to Holly Holm: 'I'm Really F---ing Sad'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After a crushing defeat by Holly Holm left Rousey unconscious, hospitalized and "really f---ing sad," the Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar was forced to accept the fact that she won't retire undefeated – that she's not, as people were starting to believe, invincible.

The stitches in her lip still dissolving, and a few of her teeth still unstable from Holm's fight-ending kick to the face, Rousey admits to ESPN The Magazine in its "Ideas of the Year" issue, on newsstands Friday: "It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple, let alone take an impact."

But, in a new interview at her "smallish boho town house" in Venice, California, less than two weeks after the fight that brought a shocking close to her winning streak, Rousey remains optimistic. "Maybe I can't do it all before my prime, before my body is done," she says. "But f--- it, maybe I can."

LINK: Ronda Rousey Talks Holly Holm Fight, Says She's Sad About Defeat : People.com

Feb 28, 2015
Nevermind, wasn't much there yet, teaser for the in print version it seems. Interesting cover shot.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Reading that was like a bad ending to a movie, not sure where that was going but damn if she cant eat an apple for atleast 3-6 id say dont look for a July fight.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Ok sounds good. Nothing much there but that's cool. I might not be a fan but I def respect her as an athlete and want to see what happens next.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm glad she's out talking and not hiding. Good for her.

OCShaneBJJ

Amateur Fighter
Feb 28, 2015
I respect everyone that fights and gets in the cage. I'm completely mindfucked fighting in front of 2000 people. I couldn't fathom the mental game it would take to fight as the champion in front of millions... That being said... She has never won with grace and sportsmanship , I don't know why anyone thought that she would lose with it.

This will benefit her. Maybe not her bank account but in terms of personal growth, it will. In the end, it's just a sport and a means to an end. I don't envy her experiencing that kind of centre-stage ass kicking but she'll get over it and find out more about herself in the coming weeks and months than if she had won without breaking a sweat.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wonder if she'll ever recover psychologically. Getting fucked up that bad can play tricks on someone.

TravelBug

Oct 18, 2015
Something tells me she wont be as humbled as people want her to be.

But I'll wait for the rest of the article to come out.

At least she wont be saying she can beat anyone with one hand behind her back and other outrageous things.

Still a fan though!

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A very humbling experience for her, would like to see her back in the ring. I'm not a huge fan but the fight game is fucking weird.

All it takes it a gritty miesha tate against holly fight, via wrestle fuck, bam, new champion and ronda is back in with better chance to become champion.

I don't see Holly losing for a while, but she's no spring chicken so the division is still exciting to watch with Amanda Nunes and Cat Zingano etc

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm still waiting on her to give some real publics accolades and respect to Holly, Unless I've missed these somewhere.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I can literally envision her saying "I'm really fucking sad" in person and I predict I would hate everything about her voice/tone as she speaks the words "I'm really fucking sad."

I like her skills in BJJ, but nothing else about her fight game or her personality unfortunately. Good thing I didn't jump on this goat train cause I like many others would've been disappointed in her against Holm

Last edited:

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Rematch isnt happening anytime soon, hopefully they give Holly a fight in the meantime.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I wonder if she'll ever recover psychologically. Getting fucked up that bad can play tricks on someone.
ESPECIALLY since she tried to go the Conor McGrgor route by saying she WILL retire undefeated, and retire before her thirties lol.
Talking about how they will give her a standing ovation at UFC 300 or whatever as the chick who started it all.....
And how Holy Holm should be thanking her for the money she'll get for losing, and maybe she can buy a small hose and chill with her family.

Just... LOL @ the massive delusions of grandeur from a girl who can't block a punch.... but can beat Cain Velasquez or FLoyd - under the right cicumstances...

Nope, she won't be getting over it too well. And if her next fight is Holly, she is going 0 - 2.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Such a tough loss for Rousey. This isn't a young buck getting temporarily derailed, like GSP armbarred by Hughes, where it's like "ok, that sucks but they have their whole career in front of them." Ronda herself had been hinting that her career would have been coming to a close after a few more fights. She wanted to get a few more fights in, then maybe fight Cyborg at 135 and then retire, and Holly spoiled that party.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm just as convinced as before that this is not a one, two, three, or even 4-girl division.
Despite even Cat's loss, she can be champ.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Such a tough loss for Rousey. This isn't a young buck getting temporarily derailed, like GSP armbarred by Hughes, where it's like "ok, that sucks but they have their whole career in front of them." Ronda herself had been hinting that her career would have been coming to a close after a few more fights. She wanted to get a few more fights in, then maybe fight Cyborg at 135 and then retire, and Holly spoiled that party.
That's true because she spent 10 years competing in judo and now has arthritis in her neck and bad knees after 4 surgeries. Age-wise (28) she should be in her prime though.