Ronda Rousey

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Fear is definitely a factor but it's Cyborg who's scared. I'll give you 10 reasons why the fight hasn't happened.

1. The fight would have happened 3 years ago at 145 lbs but Cyborg got popped for steroids and was suspended for a year. This is a documented fact and I can prove it so no point in arguing it.

2. Then After cyborg demanded a catch weight fight, Ronda agreed to a catch weight of 140 lbs but with the stipulation of strict drug testing and Cyborg changed her mind and demanded it be at 145 lbs again.

3. Dana said in the post fight press conference everyone is waiting for Cyborg - Ronda, him, the entire UFC. The fight is 100% going to happen if she makes the weight BUT, according to him she's done nothing to make it happen. The recent photo of her standing next to Carano and dwarfing her only proves that point further, as well as the photos of her standing next to Cat, Edgar and you name it, she's fuckin huge and not getting smaller.

4. Dana said the fight has to be at 135 lbs. He has not changed his mind on that at all. He told Carano she had to drop to 135 lbs as well if she wanted a shot, which is why the fight never happened.

5. Cyborg said in a recent interview she didn't want to drop to 135 lbs and not be the same Cyborg. Ok. Let's take a minute to analyze that statement. What would be different? Would her skills disappear? No. What would change? Well 1. she wouldn't have an overwhelmingly size advantage. 2. She would be tested under the new drug policy. That's about it.

6. Why do people perpetuate the myth that muscle is permanent? If Cyborg was making 145 lbs while juiced to the gills, why is it unrealistic to think she can make 135 lbs off the juice and not pumping iron trying to maintain her muscle gains?

7. Cyborg weighed 160 lbs when she signed with Invicta. She now weighs 175 lbs. All muscle.

8. How many times has Cyborg said she's going to try to lose weight only to see her fighting at 145 lbs? Too many times to count over the past 4 years.

9. The Zuffa signed Cyborg to fight at 135 lbs. They didn't sign her to stay at 145 lbs and beat up tomato cans in what is probably the weakest division in any combat sports in the world besides super heavyweight.

10. Cyborg likes that Zuffa money and the attention she gets from being attached to Ronda's name. Whenever she has a fight coming up she mentions Ronda and whenever Ronda wins she mentions her. She's never going to make the weight as long as people refuse to demand she stop lifting weights like Nicole Bass and get regular out-of-competition drug testing. As long as people keep pointing the finger at Ronda, who is the smaller, non-enhanced champion, as the one who needs to make the exceptions, Cyborg will remain content to throw verbal jabs and collect easy paychecks, while fighting in another organization and riding the coattails of Ronda's fame.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Fear is definitely a factor but it's Cyborg who's scared. I'll give you 10 reasons why the fight hasn't happened.

1. The fight would have happened 3 years ago at 145 lbs but Cyborg got popped for steroids and was suspended for a year. This is a documented fact and I can prove it so no point in arguing it.

2. Then After cyborg demanded a catch weight fight, Ronda agreed to a catch weight of 140 lbs but with the stipulation of strict drug testing and Cyborg changed her mind and demanded it be at 145 lbs again.

3. Dana said in the post fight press conference everyone is waiting for Cyborg - Ronda, him, the entire UFC. The fight is 100% going to happen if she makes the weight BUT, according to him she's done nothing to make it happen. The recent photo of her standing next to Carano and dwarfing her only proves that point further, as well as the photos of her standing next to Cat, Edgar and you name it, she's fuckin huge and not getting smaller.

4. Dana said the fight has to be at 135 lbs. He has not changed his mind on that at all. He told Carano she had to drop to 135 lbs as well if she wanted a shot, which is why the fight never happened.

5. Cyborg said in a recent interview she didn't want to drop to 135 lbs and not be the same Cyborg. Ok. Let's take a minute to analyze that statement. What would be different? Would her skills disappear? No. What would change? Well 1. she wouldn't have an overwhelmingly size advantage. 2. She would be tested under the new drug policy. That's about it.

6. Why do people perpetuate the myth that muscle is permanent? If Cyborg was making 145 lbs while juiced to the gills, why is it unrealistic to think she can make 135 lbs off the juice and not pumping iron trying to maintain her muscle gains?

7. Cyborg weighed 160 lbs when she signed with Invicta. She now weighs 175 lbs. All muscle.

8. How many times has Cyborg said she's going to try to lose weight only to see her fighting at 145 lbs? Too many times to count over the past 4 years.

9. The Zuffa signed Cyborg to fight at 135 lbs. They didn't sign her to stay at 145 lbs and beat up tomato cans in what is probably the weakest division in any combat sports in the world besides super heavyweight.

10. Cyborg likes that Zuffa money and the attention she gets from being attached to Ronda's name. Whenever she has a fight coming up she mentions Ronda and whenever Ronda wins she mentions her. She's never going to make the weight as long as people refuse to demand she stop lifting weights like Nicole Bass and get regular out-of-competition drug testing. As long as people keep pointing the finger at Ronda, who is the smaller, non-enhanced champion, as the one who needs to make the exceptions, Cyborg will remain content to throw verbal jabs and collect easy paychecks, while fighting in another organization and riding the coattails of Ronda's fame.
I'm standing and clapping sir. Standing and clapping.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

OMG who the hell cares lol lets just see the best wmma fight ever anyway we can Jesus wtf is wrong with you. Sounds like you don't want to see this fight. All these bullshit fucking numbers and excuses you and big sweets can go jerk each other off I just want to see this fight any way I can and I'm not pointing fingers at Ronda I just know if she said fuck it lets just do 140 this fight could happen and it would be epic. Cyborg has looked significantly smaller her last few fights and has zero body fat and I'm not sure how much more muscle she can lose. Ether way 140 they can both be at their best isn't that what we really want so we can see the best versions of them compete?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Here's something I read this morning just to add to the conversation.

It was fast. It was brutal. It was ugly.

And it was over in 34 seconds.

It began with walkouts through a typical jeering, screaming Brazilian crowd. Bethe Correia was emotional and almost overcome during hers. Ronda Rousey was characteristically intense and brooding as she walked through the crowds to the distant Octagon, not even a rather heavy blow to the head from a spectator stuttering her stride.

They waited in the Octagon glaring at nothing and at each other. Remembering the bitter words about Rousey’s father’s suicide. Remembering all the mocking words about Correia’s skills or lack thereof. Waiting for the bell. Waiting for the start of something that had morphed closer to spectacle than sporting event.

Are you not amused? seemed to whisper through the air.

And then the bell rang, and right away we knew this wasn’t Cat Zingano’s 14-second armbar loss. This wasn’t Davis being brought to the ground like prey and destroyed in 16 seconds. This was Rousey staying on her feet, determined to beat Correia at her own game.

They met with force, each pummeling the another, but immediately we knew how it was going to end, we just didn’t know how close to the minute mark it would end. It was all Ronda Rousey.

A flurry of blows, Rousey hit loosely, powerfully. Correia threw punches at Rousey, and Rousey ignored them. A nuisance, but not a deterrent.

She grabbed Correia, decided not to throw, decided to keep it standing, struck her again, then pushed her to the mat as contemptuous as a child on a playground pushing a classmate who insults her father. It was obvious Rousey was here to hurt and humiliate. There was no respect for her opponent this night.

Correia scrambled up, but it was too late, she was done, and she knew it. Rousey rained combinations on her, sloppy, huge hits that threw Correia against the cage, then Rousey banged her with a sharp hit on the left temple and Correia crumpled, another hit slamming into her cheek on her way down.

Correia was out before she hit the ground, and fell heavily, dangerously, slamming the mat face first, the rest of her body propped up at an almost comical manner.

Rousey had already been pulled off of Correia and was celebrating in the Octagon, the crowd roaring and cheering, Rousey embracing every jeer and every roar.

Correia was examined, sat up. She seemed honestly emotionally hurt in some way, as if she had believed her own hype these last few months and couldn’t grasp Rousey had won.

Rousey, being Rousey, gloated in her post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, but then her face shifted as she spoke of her father, and how he was somewhere watching her that night.

Read more...
Rousey Schools Correia - What Next? - GIRL FIGHTS MMA
How the fuck could they not mention roddy with her father? That was the best part of the entire post fight speech.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
OMG who the hell cares lol lets just see the best wmma fight ever anyway we can Jesus wtf is wrong with you. Sounds like you don't want to see this fight. All these bullshit fucking numbers and excuses you and big sweets can go jerk each other off I just want to see this fight any way I can and I'm not pointing fingers at Ronda I just know if she said fuck it lets just do 140 this fight could happen and it would be epic. Cyborg has looked significantly smaller her last few fights and has zero body fat and I'm not sure how much more muscle she can lose. Ether way 140 they can both be at their best isn't that what we really want so we can see the best versions of them compete?
I want to see the fight but I don't want to see a woman who has spent her career asking her opponents to fight at a disadvantage to get her way in this case. Acting like she can't lose 10 lbs of muscle is not being intellectually honest. If she weighed 160 lbs when she came back from her suspension, she would have only had to cut 25 lbs. Now that she packed on more muscle since signing with Invicta, she cuts 30 lbs. It's simple math. For once, I want to see Cyborg fight someone on equal terms and have the fight decided on who has the best skills. I think Cyborg knows how that would turn out for her and that's why she's not willing to leave her comfort zone.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I want to see the fight but I don't want to see a woman who has spent her career asking her opponents to fight at a disadvantage to get her way in this case. Acting like she can't lose 10 lbs of muscle is not being intellectually honest. If she weighed 160 lbs when she came back from her suspension, she would have only had to cut 25 lbs. Now that she packed on more muscle since signing with Invicta, she cuts 30 lbs. It's simple math. For once, I want to see Cyborg fight someone on equal terms and have the fight decided on who has the best skills. I think Cyborg knows how that would turn out for her and that's why she's not willing to leave her comfort zone.
Broski 140 is equal terms it won't be easy for her to make 140 either.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
No it's not new. She's asked if Dana told her the fight needs to be at 140 would she do it. She says if Dana asked her she would do it. She's always said that. She obviously has a problem with giving a roid head any advantage but would. Dana has always said it has to be at 135 because it's the best thing for business not some goofy catch weight with a fighter that doesn't even have a division in the UFC.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
I'll repeat myself... Again. Ronda has said for months that she will fight Cyborg in her last fight. She also always says she wants quit on top while she is still dominant, that means we all have to wait a few years but the fight will happen and it won't be all that long before it does. No chance you'd jack me off is there? I'll buy you a muffin and some flowers.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I'll repeat myself... Again. Ronda has said for months that she will fight Cyborg in her last fight. She also always says she wants quit on top while she is still dominant, that means we all have to wait a few years but the fight will happen and it won't be all that long before it does. No chance you'd jack me off is there? I'll buy you a muffin and some flowers.
I might if you left me use the left hand right is no good lol. Cyborg will retire in 3 more fights she said. It's all good we missed out on a lot of great fights gsp Andy, jones, Andy,so it's cool. Would just be great to have seen these fights. Even aldo vs Pettis would've been fun

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
I might if you left me use the left hand right is no good lol. Cyborg will retire in 3 more fights she said. It's all good we missed out on a lot of great fights gsp Andy, jones, Andy,so it's cool. Would just be great to have seen these fights. Even aldo vs Pettis would've been fun
Ha ha let you? I prefer it... Ahh shit I hadn't heard that, hopefully it's a bluff to get Zuffa to pressure Ronda too take it sooner.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
THIS fight will never happen, Dana, Rousey and Cyborg will never agree to fight. No matter what anyone says they YES all 3 are the cause. Rousey and Bald will NEVER risk 140 and Cyborg will never make 135. Cutting weigh is hard, can you imagine Dana trying to cut to 235, aint happening

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
THIS fight will never happen, Dana, Rousey and Cyborg will never agree to fight. No matter what anyone says they YES all 3 are the cause. Rousey and Bald will NEVER risk 140 and Cyborg will never make 135. Cutting weigh is hard, can you imagine Dana trying to cut to 235, aint happening
I disagree about Ronda she took the fight in Strikeforce at 145, she'll take it at 140 and the egg will probably have a heart attack.