VID Ronda's inability to deal with her losses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
ESPN posted segments from their interview with Rousey yesterday. It's been more than a year since her loss to Nunes. It's been more than two years since her defeat against Holm. What do you make of her inability to discuss those losses despite the passage of time? Extremely fierce competitor? Insecure athlete?

For those of you who haven't ventured over to the wrestling side of the forum, this was Ronda's WWE appearance at the Royal Rumble tonight. She has signed a multi-year deal to be a pro wrassler.

View: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/957829866958630912

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
How long ago was this interview? Hard to believe she still can't answer relevant questions about her career.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
If she's happy doing the WWE thing, I wish her all the luck in the world at it. More power to her.

That being said, she seems to have this mindset that even thinking about failure leads to failure. That failure is equal to death. From what I've seen of her mom, it feels like maybe that mentality was beaten into her as a child, and she still hasn't outgrown it after all this time.

It's also not like she's never lost before, but maybe that bronze medal, and being the first American to win any medal in judo, was enough to take the edge off of losing in the Olympics.

Chael Sonnen talked just as much trash as her and never had trouble eating crow when he came up short. The same night. But Ronda still can't do it after two years. It's astounding and kind of sad. She's one of the ten most important fighters in the history of MMA, the p4p WMMA GOAT. And she carries herself like an utter failure. I say this with all due respect to Ronda and to what was an amazing career: she badly needs to talk to a shrink.

M

member 3289

Extreme lack of maturity and an inability to grow as a professional MMA fighter. If you can't embrace your losses, how can you ever get better as a fighter?

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
ESPN posted segments from their interview with Rousey yesterday. It's been more than a year since her loss to Nunes. It's been more than two years since her defeat against Holm. What do you make of her inability to discuss those losses despite the passage of time? Extremely fierce competitor? Insecure athlete?

For those of you who haven't ventured over to the wrestling side of the forum, this was Ronda's WWE appearance at the Royal Rumble tonight. She has signed a multi-year deal to be a pro wrassler.

View: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/957829866958630912
Full time contract too

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Not sure how a super competitor like that can join a sport where the outcome is already planned. There is no real accomplishment there for her.
As much as I dislike her I am curious to see how she's handled. I can't picture her pulling off the moves the females nowadays are doing.

M

member 3289

Not sure how a super competitor like that can join a sport where the outcome is already planned. There is no real accomplishment there for her.
Not to mention she's not very good at acting, which is a big part of professional wrestling.

I don't see her "selling" a lot of the fake violence as well as people who have been doing it for a lot longer and who had to work their way through the system.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Not to mention she's not very good at acting, which is a big part of professional wrestling.

I don't see her "selling" a lot of the fake violence as well as people who have been doing it for a lot longer and who had to work their way through the system.
I also dont see her selling the drama over the mic.