Rose vs Esparza highlights

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The more that fight went on, the more I enjoyed it. And when Esparza got the decision, I laughed out loud. I found the whole thing very comical, much more entertaining than the Shogun fight.

??

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'm still baffled at Rose's corner. It reminded me so much of that Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard where Guida had obviously fallen so much in love with his ability to not get hit that he somehow fooled himself into thinking that was a victory. Greg Jackson tried to rationalize that at the time. I can actually see how the corner develops a kind of cognitive dissonance because in your mind you never want your fighter to be hurt and anyone who's trained knows elusiveness is more difficult than scoring. So the corner probably fell into the artistry of how untouchable Rose was and how she wasn't getting hurt and fell for the "you have to take it from the champ" logic so just were content to let nothing happen. As a corner you're never looking through the same eyes as fans so you literally can't see what they see. From Barry I can understand this defensive bias, just like it made sense coming from Wonderboy's dad in his career. But Wittman really should've been able to speak more to the urgency of scoring. That was literally his only job. Pat's there to keep her safe and Trevor is there to get her to win. For her part, Rose just seemed content to prove she was so much better than the her that lost to Esparza and ended up walking right into a loss in the process. Such a series of mental errors from all parties and a spiral of silence that made it worse.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I'm still baffled at Rose's corner. It reminded me so much of that Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard where Guida had obviously fallen so much in love with his ability to not get hit that he somehow fooled himself into thinking that was a victory. Greg Jackson tried to rationalize that at the time. I can actually see how the corner develops a kind of cognitive dissonance because in your mind you never want your fighter to be hurt and anyone who's trained knows elusiveness is more difficult than scoring. So the corner probably fell into the artistry of how untouchable Rose was and how she wasn't getting hurt and fell for the "you have to take it from the champ" logic so just were content to let nothing happen. As a corner you're never looking through the same eyes as fans so you literally can't see what they see. From Barry I can understand this defensive bias, just like it made sense coming from Wonderboy's dad in his career. But Wittman really should've been able to speak more to the urgency of scoring. That was literally his only job. Pat's there to keep her safe and Trevor is there to get her to win. For her part, Rose just seemed content to prove she was so much better than the her that lost to Esparza and ended up walking right into a loss in the process. Such a series of mental errors from all parties and a spiral of silence that made it worse.
I really felt like Whitman was trying to tell her but didn’t know how to without breaking her mentally.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It wasn't the most fun fight I've seen.i remember a few guida fights where he does fuck all just shakes his hair about.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK there's a Fedor shirt thread on the UG. You want me to tell em to fuck off or what??

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh, they are posting photos that are you in your Fedor shirt.