Rousey / Holm rematch, who you got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who takes the rematch?

• Holm

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Rousey

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I see a rematch being made as soon as Ronda is cleared to fight.

After watching multiple breakdown videos, especially the awesome one posted by Firas Zahabi, My personal choice is Holm, I believe she has Rousey's number.

Who you got in the rematch?

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I'm taking Holm. It's hard not to.

Her footwork not only makes it very hard for Rousey to land punches, it makes getting into range for a takedown very hard, especially when you have to think about getting caught with a counter left on the way in.

I truly think we've found Ronda's poison in Holm. The Chris Weidman to her Anderson Silva.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
If Rousey had taken her back instead of going for the armbar she could still have won that fight. It is still a very winnable fight for her, if she doesn't play completely into Holm's hands. That said, Holm would be the rightful favourite, in my book.-

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm taking Holm. It's hard not to.

Her footwork not only makes it very hard for Rousey to land punches, it makes getting into range for a takedown very hard, especially when you have to think about getting caught with a counter left on the way in.

I truly think we've found Ronda's poison in Holm. The Chris Weidman to her Anderson Silva.
I agree with this, this fight wasn't a lucky punch, it was a dominant display. Holm looked phenomenal, her performance was night and day compared to her other performances in the octagon. On the big stage, she rises to the occasion. I can't wait for the Holm era to gather steam, sure, the ronda played the 'world against me' agenda well but her continued lack of respect divided fans. Holm is nothing but class, and with class comes respect (see GSP). I hope the UFC market Holm as much as they did Ronda, because they now have a phenomenal fighter and person as a champion.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I see a rematch being made as soon as Ronda is cleared to fight.

After watching multiple breakdown videos, especially the awesome one posted by Firas Zahabi, My personal choice is Holm, I believe she has Rousey's number.

Who you got in the rematch?
No there wont be a rematch for atleast 8 months maybe more depending on the movie shoot rousey is gonna do. She posted shes taking time off, would be shocked to see anything before 200

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I don't know. I would like to believe Ronda would do a lot better if she focused solely on fighting and not talking about retiring and making movies. If she got rid of the personal distractions and possibly changed trainers to get a fresh perspective I think it would do her good. Not having the pressure of being the champion should temporarily give her the space she needs to figure things out and refocus.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't know. I would like to believe Ronda would do a lot better if she focused solely on fighting and not talking about retiring and making movies. If she got rid of the personal distractions and possibly changed trainers to get a fresh perspective I think it would do her good. Not having the pressure of being the champion should temporarily give her the space she needs to figure things out and refocus.
I agree, she'll be a different fighter, the feedback she received from Edmund during the fight was ridiculous. She would do well to move camps and focus on herself. Remove herself from the '4 horsewomen bullshit' and take some personal reflection. I respect what she's done for the sport, I don't respect her lack of respect for otherwise classy individuals. Maybe it was all hype, but whereas Conor knows when to play for the cameras, Ronda actually believes her shit smells of roses, she got humbled and it'll do her and the world of MMA some good.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Holm, 100% Holm. That fight reminded me so much of the first Barao vs Dillashaw fight it was unreal. Like Dillashaw, Holm & her camp have clearly been paying very close attention to Rousey for a very long time and clearly have her number.

I do think the fight might go longer in the rematch though, especially if she learns from the mistakes and actually cuts off the cage better (or indeed at all).

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Holm looked better in this fight than any other MMA fight she has had.
With that said, Ronda looked terrible.

Ronda spent the whole fight moving straight forward against a southpaw throwing lead hooks. This is like the worst thing she could do.

Look at this:

View: http://i.imgur.com/e6a63lD.gifv

EVERY time Rousey was standing inside of Holm's stance. So Rousey moves straight forward with a lead left hook, and Holly literally can just move to her right every time and throw the counter.

Obviously that gif is the most dramatic, in which Rousey also highlights her lack of balance with her #mmastriking. Over committing, full body, etc. This is old school mma striking accumane. The sport has moved on. And then you do that against a woman that has real striking accumane and has been training movement with a top MMA camp? Nah son.

Rousey could still submit Holm. She could learn enough striking in a year at a top camp to get that clinch. But then there's the issue that Holm is always so big looking. She is lean and tall. Look at her legs and back. She hasn't been missing the deadlift. So even with great talent, Holm can overcome some deficits through pure athleticism.

I'd say Holm wins this fight 10/10 unless Rousey moves to a top camp right away. And then Holm probably wins this 7/10 12-18 months from now.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I agree, she'll be a different fighter, the feedback she received from Edmund during the fight was ridiculous.
The game plan to chase a counter puncher with good footwork was horrible. I hope Ronda realizes that. She would have been better off forcing Holly to initiate no matter how boring and slow the fight would have been. The same strategy Weidman had against Silva both times. Don't let the counter puncher bait you. Be patient.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
My money would be on Ronda in the rematch. That's not to take anything away from what Holly done that fight. I just think (hope) that Ronda changes camps and eliminates distractions. She won't beat Holly if she doesn't make the changes, but if she does, I believe she beats her more often than not.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Rousey is going to have to get her on the mat at all costs. That's her bread and butter. That's where she can win. She got overly confident with her hands despite the fact that the fundamentals are simply not there.

Now she's to the point where all of her bad habits have to be untaught, and a lot of fighters do not come back from that. It's built into their muscle memory and it's harder than starting new.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My money would be on Ronda in the rematch. That's not to take anything away from what Holly done that fight. I just think (hope) that Ronda changes camps and eliminates distractions. She won't beat Holly if she doesn't make the changes, but if she does, I believe she beats her more often than not.
This can totally as well , grappling wise ronda has the tools to beat anyone.

obviously it would never happen but ronda would be a scary individual if she trained at jacksons

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I agree, she'll be a different fighter, the feedback she received from Edmund during the fight was ridiculous. She would do well to move camps and focus on herself. Remove herself from the '4 horsewomen bullshit' and take some personal reflection. I respect what she's done for the sport, I don't respect her lack of respect for otherwise classy individuals. Maybe it was all hype, but whereas Conor knows when to play for the cameras, Ronda actually believes her shit smells of roses, she got humbled and it'll do her and the world of MMA some good.
I will volunteer to smell her shit and report back whether or not it really smells of roses.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Hondas has proven she has no leg attack take downs..all throws in which over my years wrestling IDC how good you are at throwing if you gota skilled grappler whos taller its HARD to throw them..the leverage is a huge deal...Honda never shoots blast doubles or singles...and holly knew that..kept her at bay similar to JBJ style or any seasoned striker who uses their range right...Honda needs to switch camps and get in a WRESTLING room cuz her head and arm throws are useless vs That monster HH...just my 2cents

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Found another

View: http://gfycat.com/TimelyGrimCranefly

Look at the lead left hook.
Holm just plans to circle from it and counter

At some point Ronda did leap into that lead left and make contact. It was a good moment. But it required a complete level of commitment to the movement, body and all, bringing us back to balance.

Holm showed a boxing talent, but she is always mixing in setting up all the Jackson staples like that Jon Jones oblique kick.

Rousey needs to move on stat.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Found another

At some point Ronda did leap into that lead left and make contact. It was a good moment. But it required a complete level of commitment to the movement, body and all, bringing us back to balance.

Holm showed a boxing talent, but she is always mixing in setting up all the Jackson staples like that Jon Jones oblique kick.

I knew Ronda could be quite reckless but at times she was just swinging for the fences with zero technique and desperation. I was surprised by her lack of technique when in comparison to Holm. Obviously Holm is a decorated boxer but with the hype around ronda's stand up lately (open workouts, tyson etc) , the gulf between the two was huge.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Can't help but watch that gif and think about how good a job McGregor tends to do in exactly that kind of situation. Anyone trying to circle away outside his lead hand like that gets spinning back-kicked and they either stop doing it or become far more cautious about it.

Also, did Rousey make any attempt at using kicks to compensate for the reach difference or leg kicks to try and reduce Holly's mobility? I don't think she did.

I pretty much agree with the "needs to change camps" comments from pretty much everyone. She entered the sport as genuinely world class in judo but only appears to have to tried to improve her boxing in the last couple of years instead of working on an all round game. Though the number of times she got hit hard in the head in the first couple of minutes, like Pettis against RDA it's almost unfair to judge her fight IQ and abilities based solely on this fight.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Found another

It really is refreshing to see proper movement. I can't tell you how many guys/girls blitz straight forward and move straight backward. Thanks for posting that

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I know what Holm's weakness is. She's stands straight up when she throws punches just like she learned to do from all those years of boxing. Ronda never shoots for take downs and I have no clue why but Holm is just asking for it.

Holm is different from any opponent Ronda has ever faced and yet she used the same game plan she used for everyone else. She needs to find the weaknesses in her opponents and exploit them, not play to their strengths. Every fighter has them.

stanneh

Jan 20, 2015
If ronda sticks o her strengths she will win everytime. She didn't even try to fight mma she just tried to box her it was insane!

I knew she would try to box which is why bet on Holm.

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
She fought on pure emotions, don't know if Rogan threw her off with his line of questioning at the weigh ins, she went onto attack Holm for a very minor thing of touching her, it seemed super fake.

I think Holm stay calm attatude really got to Rousey and made her go after her

I didn't see anything on Sunday morning to suggest she could have won that fight, she didn't even look like the same as we have seen her before.

She looked off and Holm look on (as fuck) and fair play to Holm she deserves everything that come her way and she came off as super classy in the interviews and post fight presser.

Let hope the UFC pushes her like they did Rousey, I for one look forward to finding out what Holly had for dinner, what her stance on the presidential candidates will be and how she could figure 4 either of the bushwackers.

And dem thighs doe, sweet Lord have mercy on my pee pee.