Rousey may be looking for longer break from fighting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

If you were in the camp hoping to see Ronda Rousey take an extended leave after her loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, you might get your wish.

Rousey's only been a pro since 2011 but was one of the most active UFC champions as she became the mainstream face of MMA. Her look, dominance and attitude made her the sport's biggest star in short time and it may have finally caught up with her.

"MMA? Yea, they've been making me go non-stop," Rousey told MMA Junkie. "I mean, my first year I fought six times. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends for a long time. In Judo, I took a good period of time off after the Beijing Olympics and I feel like I'm bodily and mentally in a similar space where it's just what I need right now."

"It's been surprising to me how happy I've been being away from [fighting]," said Rousey. "I'm being purposefully mysterious right now because I think people have taken my availability for granted, and I've kind of just wanted to disappear."

LINK: Morning Report: Ronda Rousey 'surprised' how happy she's been being away from fighting

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
"It's been surprising to me how happy I've been being away from [fighting]," said Rousey. "I'm being purposefully mysterious right now because I think people have taken my availability for granted, and I've kind of just wanted to disappear."

She just can't stop saying things that make for easy hating.

Ronda, go to pro wrestling and see ya later.
No one wants to watch this side show.

She either needs all the pieces and support to make a championship run, or she should just go cash in while she still can.

The half in, half out mode is unbecoming.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Gone to her head a little bit. It explains the unfortunate outburst at the Ellen show.

She wanted to dissapear, but first SNL, then on to Ellen... there isn't a lot of credibility in what she says, so that is good news for her Ellen comments. And looking back, she's always just said things, crazy things.

She's gotta do what she's gotta do. But if she just wants to dissapear for a while, why the interviews?

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
Bellator 216, Gina Carano makes her long awaited return to the ring against Ronda Rousey who hasn't seen the ring since her lost to Holly Holm in 2015. Check it out live from Madison Square Garden, Friday March 24, 2023.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Gone to her head a little bit. It explains the unfortunate outburst at the Ellen show.

She wanted to dissapear, but first SNL, then on to Ellen... there isn't a lot of credibility in what she says, so that is good news for her Ellen comments. And looking back, she's always just said things, crazy things.

She's gotta do what she's gotta do. But if she just wants to dissapear for a while, why the interviews?
Too many hangerons with their own incentives.
She doesn't sound like she wants all the way in and I get that. Plenty burn out with such a pace. But then others need her to do the rounds, etc to keep the interest.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This doesn't surprise me at all. She's a female.
Dude...

Bad humor?

Given the shithole of the last thread, I'll give you an opportunity to qualify that beyond what seems the same direction for which we just suspended some people.

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
The likelihood of extending her legacy with a return is very slim. A betting man would say she should be happy with all that she accomplished and walk away for good.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Dude...

Bad humor?

Given the shithole of the last thread, I'll give you an opportunity to qualify that beyond what seems the same direction for which we just suspended some people.
I didnt read the last thread. Dont know who got suspended and dont care. Do I really need to quantify my opinion? Do I really need to quantify it every time I post something? Do I need to explain the basic difference of brain development and chemistry between masculine and feminine? Do I need to explain the different value systems that men and women have, to make a basic post? Do I have to quantify my life experience also? You aren't the only doctor here btw, stick to your specialty, because psychology and neurology obviously arent it, and also dont inadvertently threaten to suspend me over a nothing comment. I can go on my own accord and not come back. It really isnt of any importance to me.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I didnt read the last thread. Dont know who got suspended and dont care. Do I really need to quantify my opinion? Do I really need to quantify it every time I post something? Do I need to explain the basic difference of brain development and chemistry between masculine and feminine? Do I need to explain the different value systems that men and women have, to make a basic post? Do I have to quantify my life experience also? You aren't the only doctor here btw, stick to your specialty, because psychology and neurology obviously arent it, and also dont inadvertently threaten to suspend me over a nothing comment. I can go on my own accord and not come back. It really isnt of any importance to me.

Blanket statements of " must because they are female/black/ etc " won't fly.

Quantify it or its simply bigotry.

It's the rules, has been.

Do what you want, but find somewhere else for this.

I appreciate the launch of immature personal attacks, but it doesn't strengthen your position.

Were I to generalize that women tend to react more emotionally than men would I be labeled a misogynist and be banned?
Back it with evidence and make it relevant to the conversation at hand or find somewhere else for that.

We aren't making every disagreeable Rousey or WMMA post jnto " of course she did. Shes a woman "

Literally adds nothing to the conversation.

Virtually Identical

Posting Machine
Jul 12, 2015
Back it with evidence and make it relevant to the conversation at hand or find somewhere else for that.

We aren't making every disagreeable Rousey or WMMA post jnto " of course she did. Shes a woman "

Okay. I'm not going to tell you how to run your website. I fully understand your stances on fighter bashing. If I can't say that I believe women react more emotionally than men without that being extrapolated to an arbitrary determination that I am a misogynist and facing a banning for that I would quantity that more as "thought police". I'm sure you can understand where people would not desire to have their thoughts policed on the internet and would, at that juncture, just move on to another website.

I like what you guys are tying to do here but in my opinion you are taking it too far and are over moderating. . As such I will move on.

P

Punch

Saying "I believe" changed the dynamic imo. Expressing an opinion isn't being dickish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If I can't say that I believe women react more emotionally than men without that being extrapolated to an arbitrary determination that I am a misogynist

I'm not extrapolating anything. Im making no personal judement of you. Nor am I telling you how to think. But some things don't really add anything to an mma conversation. Just talking fights over here.

I'm asking you to add literally anything more than "she did this because she's a woman"
"Of course he did he's black"
Etc
Etc

Rousey being a woman, having a biological clock, father issues with a suicided father, and a tenuous mother figure relationship all seem to be playing into a lot of her statements and relationship choices.

That's all supposition, as I don't actually know her or her personal life. But thats all we got in a forum of news reels. Some of that has to do with her being a woman. Her willingness to hang her emotions in public is more likely being a woman.
Or I'm a wrong and any son of that crazy environment would be equally vocal.

My point is that I would ask you guys to do more than inject empty phrases just blaming stuff on skin color or ovaries,etc.

P

Punch

I'm not extrapolating anything. Im making no personal judement of you. Nor am I telling you how to think. But some things don't really add anything to an mma conversation. Just talking fights over here.

I'm asking you to add literally anything more than "she did this because she's a woman"
Etc
Etc

Rousey being a woman, having a biological clock, father issues with a suicided father, and a tenuous mother figure relationship all seem to be playing into a lot of her statements and relationship choices.

That's all supposition, as I don't actually know her or her personal life. But thats all we got in a forum of news reels. Some of that has to do with her being a woman. Her willingness to hang her emotions in public is more likely being a woman.

My point is that I would ask you guys to do more than inject empty phrases just blaming stuff on skin color or ovaries,etc.
Way to make me look simple as fuck by comparison homie. :D

Splinty be like:

Virtually Identical

Posting Machine
Jul 12, 2015

Etc
Etc

I didn't say any of that. I asked -

Were I to generalize that women tend to react more emotionally than men would I be labeled a misogynist and be banned?
and you said -

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nobody wants you all going anywhere. Everyone needs to grab a bourbon, maybe rub one out, and relax. We've got a freak show to enjoy tonight.