Royce Gracie’s son Khonry signs with Bellator, debuts in January

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

Khonry Gracie made his amateur MMA debut in September, and has already signed a contract with a top promotion.

The son of MMA legend Royce Gracie defeated Ben Clark via decision in a three-round amateur welterweight bout in Memphis, and is now set to make his Bellator debut against a yet-to-be-defined opponent at Bellator 192 on Jan. 20. MMA Fighting confirmed the news following a report by Combate.

Khonry Gracie, who wore Bellator gloves in his amateur bout in September, spoke with MMA Fighting days after the fight, and said that he would sign with the first big promotion that reached out to him.

“[Fighting in the UFC] would be fun, I think it would have some kind of meaning,” he said, "but, like you said, my dad is with Bellator now, so… Again, it’s first come first serve. I’ll go anywhere. I just want to fight, I just want to represent my last night, my grandfather's jiu-jitsu. I’m here for the family, I’m not here to see what promotion I fight for. That has nothing to do with it.

"What's my biggest goal (in MMA)? Represent my family. Represent jiu-jitsu as best as I can. I didn’t come here and join MMA to do boxing, muay thai. I came here to represent jiu-jitsu, represent ‘vovô’ Helio’s jiu-jitsu.”

Bellator 192 is scheduled to take place at the Great Wester Forum in Inglewood, Calif., and is headlined by Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald for the welterweight title.

The fight card also includes the first Bellator heavyweight tournament quarterfinal, featuring Chael Sonnen against Quinton Jackson, and the return of former lightweight champion Michael Chandler versus Goiti Yamauchi.

Full story here:
Royce Gracie’s son Khonry signs with Bellator, debuts in January

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Anyone know the details of that amateur fight? Close? Top game decent? Could be a grinder.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Appears to be upholding his dads strong belief that BJJ is king...

Hope he is open minded enough to correct his fathers mistakes of relying so heavily on the BJJ

Where is Melvin Manhoufs kid at these days? Remember watching a video about 10 years ago of a little destroyer going hard..

He has to be close to entering the fight game

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Amazing that any Gracie fights with the wealth they've generated over the past thirty years.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
You can keep to BJJ with relative success but hopefully he has been training some of that combat BJJ. Going to get wrecked by ground and pound if he pulls guard.

M

member 603

He's got a phenomenal wrestling coach, a great striking coach, and I hear he's got decent Jiu Jitsu (LOL)... From what I was told yesterday, he's taking this seriously and not just "going to showcase BJJ" in today's MMA world.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
How many kids does he have now? 25?
Carlos gracie actually fathered 21 kids,helio had a a baseball team with 10 ,Hoyce only had 4 all names start with a K

"Carlos fathered 21 children,[5] 13 of whom earned the rank of black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. At the time of his death, Gracie had twenty-one children, one hundred six grandchildren, and one hundred twenty-eight great-grandchildren.[6]"

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Carlos gracie actually fathered 21 kids,helio had a a baseball team with 10 ,Hoyce only had 4 all names start with a K

"Carlos fathered 21 children,[5] 13 of whom earned the rank of black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. At the time of his death, Gracie had twenty-one children, one hundred six grandchildren, and one hundred twenty-eight great-grandchildren.[6]"
Bloody CAtholics with their no birth control or abortion! I hope for the state of her vagina it wasn't the same woman.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
My mind is so fucked up, I don't see the name Khonry, I see Kunty. Kunty Gracie. Ugh...that ain't right.

Either way, I wish him the best.