Royce Gracie appreciation thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
"A black belt covers about 2 inches of your ass,you have to cover the rest"

Royce Gracie

1605801113224.png

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
It was painful watching Hughes maul him and him not tap...def a Beast for being the runt of the family.. He gave lil dudes help with superior technique and indomitable spirit...

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
What I appreciate most is that when I watched the early UFCs I didn’t appreciate him, but after I started training I was in awe of him. I try to ignore his post-pioneer era fights to. It tarnish his early and essential legacy.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Yeah his sons name is Khonry and I watched him lose.Didn`t hurt as much as Royce vs Hughes.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
No Matt I never did because he never fought in San Jose or Sacramento.The closest he came was LA & I have only been to LA twice to watch the first UFC in California at The Pond in Anaheim & Affliction at The Pond also.

I mostly went to those two shows because there was tailgate parties being put on by MrZipplokk from the UG.

Last edited:

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Royce is up there with Bruce Lee for influential people that helped catapult MMA to where it is today.

1993 McNicols Sports Arena in Denver when the skinny Brazilian guy shocked the world taking out the Goliaths!

When fight fans saw what he was doing it sent a shockwave through the minds of martial artists! Everyone who for years was conditioned to want to strive and be a Karate guy or Kung Fu guy or Tae Kwon Do Guy now immedialty understood the shit to learn was BJJ!

That credit goes to Royce who by all accounts was not the top Gracie they could have placed in that tournament.

Royce early UFC run will forever cement his place in MMA History.