Royce Gracie Seminar at the 6 Levels

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

Wild @Wild when are you going to hop a plane to Florida, and interview these guys who do seminars at my gym? LOL

M

member 603

Awesome seminar tonight, congratulations to my coach on getting a promotion.

Jon Burke, Royce, me, Ryan Keenan

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
what an amazing opportunity!

which one is your coach?

EDIT: Just noticed that Royce is a BLUE BELT!! lol jk jk - why would he not wear a black belt though??

M

member 603

what an amazing opportunity!

which one is your coach?

EDIT: Just noticed that Royce is a BLUE BELT!! lol jk jk - why would he not wear a black belt though??
Jonathan Burke is the guy to the right of Royce, he's one of Royce's first black belts (earned it in 2004), he was promoted to third degree black belt. Ryan Keenan and I are two or Jon's first black belts (we got our in 2014), I'd been training since 99 (Din Thomas, Rigan Machado, and a De la Riva black belt were my first coaches), I started with Jon in 2006.

Ryan fought in Bellator, Strikeforce, and WSOF (has a 6-2 record) and we've trained together since 08.

The Royce blue belt thing is to honor the way his dad uncle use to do their belts. It use to be white, light blue, dark blue.. then they changed it to the five color system in the 50's or 60's. Also, when Helio was buried, Royce threw his black belt into the grave and said that no one else would ever promote him (Helio had been the only one who ever did).

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
The Royce blue belt thing is to honor the way his dad uncle use to do their belts. It use to be white, light blue, dark blue.. then they changed it to the five color system in the 50's or 60's. Also, when Helio was buried, Royce threw his black belt into the grave and said that no one else would ever promote him (Helio had been the only one who ever did).
that is fuckin amazing. BJJ is a wonderful thing