Royce Gracie: There is no PED problem in MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/16...tem-is-working

Royce Gracie: PED users getting caught 'shows that the system is working'

Royce Gracie does not believe mixed martial arts, the sport he helped build, has a drug problem.

Despite the recent spat of positive tests -- from Anderson Silva's anabolic steroids to Jon Jones' cocaine -- Gracie would prefer to accentuate the positive: that offenders are getting caught and penalized.

"It shows that the system is working," Gracie told MMAFighting.com at Bellator 133 on Friday night. "You're trying to look at the bad side, I'm looking at the good side. Instead of trying to encourage people, 'Oh, let's ban MMA because everybody is doing drugs, let's ban NASCAR because they're advertising drinking and driving.' Let's look at the good side. The system is working. Let's not try to put down the fighters because one fighter made a mistake, decided to party and do whatever."

Is he delusional? There is obviously a huge PED problem in MMA and the system is not working. ALL of the fighters aren't getting randomly tested, and there is no contract with WADA to do so. Until the UFC partners with WADA and every fighter on the roster is randomly tested 3-4 times a year, I call bullshit.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I Wild Each It;n21669 said:
"It shows that the system is working," Gracie told MMAFighting.com at Bellator 133 on Friday night. "You're trying to look at the bad side, I'm looking at the good side. Instead of trying to encourage people, 'Oh, let's ban MMA because everybody is doing drugs, let's ban NASCAR because they're advertising drinking and driving.' Let's look at the good side. The system is working. Let's not try to put down the fighters because one fighter made a mistake, decided to party and do whatever."

OK. lol. maybe if it was just ONE :dunno:

yep. delusional.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
In a way the system is working, but when the system is only a half ass, it can only work so well or if you view the system as a public relations stunt, in which the UFC can point to it and say 'look at all this testing we do, we are tough on PEDs', while in actuality they are only addressing the tip of the iceberg, then Royce is right.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Zeph;n21694 said:
In a way the system is working, but when the system is only a half ass, it can only work so well or if you view the system as a public relations stunt, in which the UFC can point to it and say 'look at all this testing we do, we are tough on PEDs', while in actuality they are only addressing the tip of the iceberg, then Royce is right.
That's what I meant Zeph...should have worded it differently. The system is working, but the system is a joke. Only a small % of the roster is being random tested, and it's only happening a handful of times of year. Until every fighter on the roster is being random WADA tested 3-4 times a year, then the system is extremely flawed and PED abuse will continue to be a problem.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I Wild Each It;n21696 said:
That's what I meant Zeph...should have worded it differently. The system is working, but the system is a joke. Only a small % of the roster is being random tested, and it's only happening a handful of times of year. Until every fighter on the roster is being random WADA tested 3-4 times a year, then the system is extremely flawed and PED abuse will continue to be a problem.
I don't think you need to test every fighter, but you do need to test significantly more than now. Once it becomes a real possibility of you being tested at any time of the year, only then will steroids not be as appealing or easy to abuse. I think if you could manage to do 200 random tests, not necessarily 200 different fighters, then you'd be looking at a very successful system. Until then, it is working as intended, sadly.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tests positive for roids

Nah there's no drug problem in mma

-hoyce Gracie

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ZOOfa's big meeting on the 18th about PEDs will tell us how serious they are.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Mad Dog;n21750 said:
ZOOfa's big meeting on the 18th about PEDs will tell us how serious they are.
yeah, Lorenzo and Dana are indeed "big"

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Samoa;n21742 said:
Fuck, I'm a '15er........
Welcome Samoa! Browse the Site Feedback and Help forum if you have time...lots of threads there to help you navigate the site (including info on Mobile Apps). PM myself or Splinty if you need anything at all.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ok, Royce...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Samoa;n21741 said:
There should be an "Open" Division for the science experiements.

Agree and good to see you here Samoa. Excuse my SN for the next 3 weeks.....:(

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n21805 said:
Agree and good to see you here Samoa. Excuse my SN for the next 3 weeks.....:(
Dude you're SN is awesome, no excuses needed. and BTW Brendan Schaub said at least 80% of UFC fighters are on PEDs

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Stillmatic;n21855 said:
Dude you're SN is awesome, no excuses needed. and BTW Brendan Schaub said at least 80% of UFC fighters are on PEDs

Lol, I wear my SN as a badge of honor so thank you. And I have no doubt that Schaub is quote accurate.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Stillmatic;n21855 said:
shaub had a painkiller addiction after he fought crocop, he talks about on the latest jre fight podcast