Rules for WSOF One Night Tournament Released

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

World Series of Fighting lightweight champion Justin Gaethje will know who his next title defense will come against once this eight-man, one-night tournament is complete on November 20th in Phoenix, Arizona.

With the tournament brackets set, the rules are now in place for next month's card. Here are the basic details per Thursday's press release:
  • No elbows allowed, ground or standing, until the tournament finals.
  • The quarter- and semifinals will consist of two five-minute rounds (ignore what their own poster says in the image at the top of the page).
  • If the three judges scoring the bouts have it as a draw, a fourth judge will be used to serve as the tiebreaker, but don't ask me what happens if the 4th judge has it as a draw as well.
LINK: Rules for WSOF's one-night tournament include 4th judge, no elbows until finals - Bloody Elbow

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
So they will fight a one round final? Or are they somehow getting around the maximum time limit of 5 rounds?

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015
Seems to be a pretty reasonable, well thought out set of rules. The only one that seems to have some room for oversight is the fourth judge. Like you said, what happens if he has it a draw as well? A sudden death third round, TUF style, would be a good option IMO.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015

World Series of Fighting lightweight champion Justin Gaethje will know who his next title defense will come against once this eight-man, one-night tournament is complete on November 20th in Phoenix, Arizona.

With the tournament brackets set, the rules are now in place for next month's card. Here are the basic details per Thursday's press release:
  • No elbows allowed, ground or standing, until the tournament finals.
  • The quarter- and semifinals will consist of two five-minute rounds (ignore what their own poster says in the image at the top of the page).
  • If the three judges scoring the bouts have it as a draw, a fourth judge will be used to serve as the tiebreaker, but don't ask me what happens if the 4th judge has it as a draw as well.
LINK: Rules for WSOF's one-night tournament include 4th judge, no elbows until finals - Bloody Elbow
Sloppy and retarded. I hate WSOF management. With a passion. Never seen so much fucking loss in my life.

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
Yeah. I'm not a fan of No Elbows. Elbows Rule!!

Also an 'accidental' Clash of heads can cause the same cut.

Plus as we all know it's MMA. Anything can and does happen. Even freak accidents.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yeah. I'm not a fan of No Elbows. Elbows Rule!!

Also an 'accidental' Clash of heads can cause the same cut.

Plus as we all know it's MMA. Anything can and does happen. Even freak accidents.
Just look at the Bellator one they just did. King Mo was out for a rib injury.