Rumble/Jones...who ya got

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
My heart says Rumble, my head says Jones. I see a scenario where Jones makes it ugly. Grinding AJ against the cage, a lot of hand fighting, mixing in a takedown or two...and putting him away in the 3rd or 4th by submission. I hope that I am wrong...big time.
If you're wrong about anything, it's only the round. It could happen in the 2nd.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Jones is way too much for Rumble. Rumble needs to connect clean, otherwise this is going to be a one-sided ass whoopin'.

Fett_Loadin76

That one guy that did that one thing
Jan 24, 2015
I will say this about Rumble, he knocked the fuck out of the guy that was Jones biggest challenge so far.

The Tomahawk Murderer

Feb 12, 2015
I see Jones being too versatile, with too much reach. And with enough of a lack of shame to pull this type of shit in order to keep distance;

Johnson has as much of a puncher's chance as anybody Jones has fought though. Unfortunately, that's why I think this fight may be as frustrating to watch as the Rampage one for non Jones fans.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
rumble would wreck rampage. he is far more than just a boxer, and that's all rampage tries to do.

wiggum

Feb 22, 2015
Without the benefit of hindsight, I think it makes sense to see this as Jones' second biggest test besides Cormier. Rumble has been just absolutely murdering people, including Gus. Obviously, Jones should be the favorite. But I think the odds rightfully will be pretty tight.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Without the benefit of hindsight,did where as think it makes sense to see this as Jones' second biggest test besides Cormier. Rumble has been just absolutely murdering people, including Gus. Obviously, Jones should be the favorite. But I think the odds rightfully will be pretty tight.
Do you mean that the majority didn't think that Gus would do as well as he did but since then people have predicted DC as a serious threat and now AJ?

wiggum

Feb 22, 2015
Do you mean that the majority didn't think that Gus would do as well as he did but since then people have predicted DC as a serious threat and now AJ?
Yeah. What I meant was knowing what we knew at the time. I don't think there was any good reason to think that Gus was going to be so competitive with Jones. I mean, he beat Shogun. But none of us thought that meant much - and I think we were right to think that knowing what we knew. (A similar case can be made for TJ before Barao; RDA before Pettis. It wasn't logical to pick either of them even though with hindsight they were clearly better).

So, for this fight, going in, I think it's the second biggest threat Jones has faced if you don't consider hindsight observations.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Going Rumble. I know, I know. But Jones is going to get hit and when he does its going to let us know the outcome of the fight. I think rumble has the style for this win.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah. What I meant was knowing what we knew at the time. I don't think there was any good reason to think that Gus was going to be so competitive with Jones. I mean, he beat Shogun. But none of us thought that meant much - and I think we were right to think that knowing what we knew. (A similar case can be made for TJ before Barao; RDA before Pettis. It wasn't logical to pick either of them even though with hindsight they were clearly better).

So, for this fight, going in, I think it's the second biggest threat Jones has faced if you don't consider hindsight observations.
That's what I thought, fully agree and will give either guy huge props for a victory.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I got Rumble by Ko or even in-between round stoppage.
Had 200 on Gus at +800 and still sad about it. I thought he won 3-2 or 4-1.

So in my book I have AJ as my champ right now. So this is his first defense.