General Russia Ukraine round 2 Price hike boogaloo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019

"Vladimir Putin has issued a thinly-veiled threat to former Soviet Union countries – warning they could share the same fate as Ukraine for defying Russia.

The Russian President made clear he would not hesitate to take the same action against them should they turn against the Kremlin, and would no longer ‘be allies’ with the country.

Mr Putin’s comments followed those of the president of Kazakhstan, who had described the pro-Russian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk in the Donbas as ‘quasi-states territories’.

As Kassym-Jomart Tokayev sat metres away from him at the St Petersburg Economic Forum, he claimed Kazakhstan – which left the USSR in 1991 – was part of ‘historic Russia’."

Hmmm, Kazakhstan next on the list perchance?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

"Vladimir Putin has issued a thinly-veiled threat to former Soviet Union countries – warning they could share the same fate as Ukraine for defying Russia.

The Russian President made clear he would not hesitate to take the same action against them should they turn against the Kremlin, and would no longer ‘be allies’ with the country.

Mr Putin’s comments followed those of the president of Kazakhstan, who had described the pro-Russian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk in the Donbas as ‘quasi-states territories’.

As Kassym-Jomart Tokayev sat metres away from him at the St Petersburg Economic Forum, he claimed Kazakhstan – which left the USSR in 1991 – was part of ‘historic Russia’."

Hmmm, Kazakhstan next on the list perchance?
I can't imagine what it's like to live in a country that must kowtow to an imperial overlord.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
@ConorMcGregorNutHugger !!!

Hey bruv, I think I have found the most definitively retarded take on this entire war and it comes from an influential thought leader on the 'left'.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/21/pacificsm-is-the-wrong-response-to-the-war-in-ukraine

Try reading the part where he calls Henry Kissinger a pacifist without having a brain aneurysm.

But the best part is this incredible reasoning:

'Those who advocate less support for Ukraine and more pressure on it to negotiate, inclusive of accepting painful territorial renunciations, like to repeat that Ukraine simply cannot win the war against Russia. True, but I see exactly in this the greatness of Ukrainian resistance: they risked the impossible, defying pragmatic calculations, and the least we owe them is full support, and to do this, we need a stronger Nato – but not as a prolongation of the US politics.'

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Hey bruv, I think I have found the most definitively retarded take on this entire war and it comes from an influential thought leader on the 'left'.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/21/pacificsm-is-the-wrong-response-to-the-war-in-ukraine

Try reading the part where he calls Henry Kissinger a pacifist without having a brain aneurysm.

But the best part is this incredible reasoning:

'Those who advocate less support for Ukraine and more pressure on it to negotiate, inclusive of accepting painful territorial renunciations, like to repeat that Ukraine simply cannot win the war against Russia. True, but I see exactly in this the greatness of Ukrainian resistance: they risked the impossible, defying pragmatic calculations, and the least we owe them is full support, and to do this, we need a stronger Nato – but not as a prolongation of the US politics.'

Dude. Yesterday Canada declared $4.5B in military spending. "Our biggest investment in 40 years because the Ruskies."

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Dude. Yesterday Canada declared $4.5B in military spending. "Our biggest investment in 40 years because the Ruskies."
We should give them unlimited weapons even if we know they will lose and risk nuclear war as a result of this futile effort because the whole thing is fucking badass.

- A respected intellectual

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
We should give them unlimited weapons even if we know they will lose and risk nuclear war as a result of this futile effort because the whole thing is fucking badass.

He also once wrote an article about why CM Punk is the toughest fighter in the UFC.

M

member 1013

You just don’t understand Slavs