Society Russian intelligence allegedly ordered hits on US soldiers in Afghanistan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
It's pretty funny they say they are a veterans groups, a "partisan veterans group" would be much more accurate as they only seem to support left leaning veterans.

That being said, if there was actual good intelligence on this, and it was not acted on that's a big fuck you to the people serving.
Trump got briefed on it in his daily wire briefings ... maybe he chose not to read them again. We all know he prefers to get his news from the TV.

US govt felt it was serious enough to brief Britain about it.

It sounds specific enough info right down to which bounties were paid out.. 3 American soldiers killed in a car bombing back in April 2019.

Mothers of the dead soldiers are demanding an investigation.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
  • “The president called this a hoax publicly. Nothing in the briefing that we have just received led me to believe it is a hoax,” said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Trump got briefed on it in his daily wire briefings ... maybe he chose not to read them again. We all know he prefers to get his news from the TV.

US govt felt it was serious enough to brief Britain about it.

It sounds specific enough info right down to which bounties were paid out.. 3 American soldiers killed in a car bombing back in April 2019.

Mothers of the dead soldiers are demanding an investigation.
They should demand an investigation and they should get answers.

Yea, if his excuse is he wasn't briefed because he made the choice to not read the briefings then that's fucked up as well.

I've said from the beginning Trump does not understand the military, and that's a major reason why I choose not to vote for him. I still think he's better than Hilldog would have been, but that's not saying much.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
yep
lets vote for an uncompromised leader...anybody know of one?

Is ron paul or jesse ventura available?
I feel like Jesse may have been compromised during his time working with Adrian Adonis. But it Elvira can be the First Lady and Lord Alfred Hayes is the Attorney General I’m good with it.

A88C7769-C48F-479A-A47C-B0815FE8E16C.gif

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How about you?

But seriously, seems a lot peepz on this site feel closest to the libertarians, don't they have someone capable? And I mean capable in comparison to Trump and Biden.. Really can't be that hard.

Daglord @Daglord

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Registered Libertarians? there are a few. I might add more capable than both Trump or Biden IMHO.

most of the effective "libertarians" are just leaning but still call the GOP home & I don't see that changing. They almost always stop short of labeling themselves one, with one exception, Justin Amash.

I believe he is/was the best shot at legitimacy & a very capable leader. Not sure, but there seemed to be some (understandable) blowback from the majority of the party due to his late entry & some behind-the-scenes stuff probably led to his dropping out. He is still fully committed to the party & I predict a strong presence/run in 2024. Of course, that could be even more of a mess if Rand Paul decides to throw his hat in the ring as well considering he has some libertarian support (& the GOP backing him). he would probably be the favorite.

As for current, card-carrying libertarians? Jorgensen has a nice platform but I just didn't like the vibe during the debates. that said, she was light years ahead of VS, Hornberger stopped campaigning & focused solely on attacking Amash (it was a bad look) & Larry Sharpe (another potential candidate) was only interested in VP at this time. Kokesh was just too radical & abrasive. Jorgensen does have the right idea when it comes to legalization, protection of privacy, Criminal Justice Reform, & foreign policy. She seems very capable, just inexperienced. I don't like how often she plays the female card though. She has my vote.

Spike Cohen (free ponies, mandatory toothbrushing, zombie power, etc) won the VP nomination over Sharpe (decentralization of education, legalization, criminal justice reform) this year. there is obviously still alot of work to be done.

I love the party & identify most as a libertarian, but they really need to get their shit together. it's one step forward, two steps back. I was really hoping Amash would change the direction of the party THIS year. Both 2016 & 2020 were ripe for a legit 3rd party run.

FWIW, the party has been gaining seats in local elections &, IMHO, It could be a major force if/when Rand Paul & Thomas Massie stop playing nice with the GOP & follow Amash's lead. it's now the party of Trump & no longer moving in the direction of liberty. one can hope.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think in Afghanistan we've been the foreign invader. The U.S. spent a lot helping Afghans kill Russians though.
For sure, I don't fault the Russians for trying to kill us, it's part of the game. If Trump had actionable intel and didn't do anything with it, well then that's a bunch of horseshit.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
In Afghanistan? I know we tried and failed in the 19th century.
I thought pre WW1 the UK had a similar relationship to that of "Mission Accomplished" America in the 2000's and that Afghanistan fell victim to the creative post WW1 border drawing, but I could be mistaken.