VID Ryan Bader rushes stage at UFC 187 post-fight, challenges Daniel Cormier to fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

LAS VEGAS – Newly minted UFC light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier may have just booked his first title defense, and it’s not Jon Jones.

At the post-fight news conference for UFC 187, Cormier (16-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) wasn’t satisfied with submitting Anthony Johnson (19-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and called out Ryan Bader (19-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC), his would-be opponent at UFC Fight Night 68, who in turn rushed the stage and nearly instigated a fight.

The UFC’s PR staff rushed to hold the two back as Bader approached the dais and Cormier stood up, bellowing, “Just gimme my paychecks right now, Bader. Get your ass out of my press conference. Get the f-ck out of here.”

Things quickly got heated after MMAjunkie asked Cormier what his plans were after capturing the title that was denied him five months ago when he was outpointed by now-former champ Jon Jones, who was stripped of the belt following an alleged hit-and-run accident this past month.

Cormier stepped in for Jones and submitted Anthony Johnson in UFC 187’s headliner. But he denied he was giving critics ammunition by calling out Jones after his win, suggesting he might have doubts about the legitimacy of his title.

“At the end of the day, you guys know that competing drives me,” he said. “I sat here five months ago in front of each and every one of you because that guy beat me. I would love to compete against him. But he’s going to be away for a while, so we’ve got to shift our focus.

“There’s somebody else that needs his ass kicked, too. I think he’s around here.”

“I’m right here,” chimed Bader, offstage.

“There’s Ryan Bader’s ass,” Cormier continued. “And I’m going to beat the sh-t out of him next time. You keep talking Bader. Keep talking Bader. This guy’s so disrespectful, I’m trying to fight Anthony Johnson, and Ryan Bader is sending me stupid messages on Twitter, because he wants people to think he deserves a title shot.”

Ryan Bader rushes stage at UFC 187 post-fight, challenges Daniel Cormier to fight | MMAjunkie

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bader doesn't want any of DC. He doesn't beat DC, Rashad, Gus, Rumble, or Jones. So that's where he stands in the LHW division. He'll get this DC fight because DC wants to smash him, and then he'll fall into a permanent gate keeper role after he loses. It is what it is.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Bader is a proud guy and all, but does anyone think he can outgrapple DC? Because he sure as shit isn't knocking DC out either.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That seemed incredibly manufactured. Pro wrestling gonna pro wrestling.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Seemed scripted to me as well. There are better fights in the division than Bader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Scripted? Lame.

Not scripted? Respect lost for Bader.

He's not good enough for these antics. He didn't lose anything in this process and probably picked up a direct title shot he wasn't getting otherwise.

P

Punch

Scripted? Lame.

Not scripted? Respect lost for Bader.

He's not good enough for these antics. He didn't lose anything in this process and probably picked up a direct title shot he wasn't getting otherwise.
yeah, i don't know how he skipped gus tbh.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
That's why he did it. Bader is irrelevant. Now everyone's talking about it. Sonnen started it by calling out Silva. It's a good way of gaining publicity & if you are going to lose, it might as well be against the champ.

P

Punch

That's why he did it. Bader is irrelevant. Now everyone's talking about it. Sonnen started it by calling out Silva. It's a good way of gaining publicity & if you are going to lose, it might as well be against the champ.
Damn good point homie.